Saturday, May 5, 2018

Oya and Castiel: Anniversary blues

3 years! It was soon going to be 3 years since she first met the Winchesters. It was the longest she'd ever been with people and quite frankly, a feat in itself. Oya was excited about the day. She would honor tradition by buying a chocolate cupcake and one candle she would lit. Usually, she would be the one giving presents to the boys, making sure each of them had something unique or something they wanted to have and mentioned one day. Sam had his Vince Vincente albums and a book of spells he never heard of, Dean usually had weapons she found. Old artifacts she discovered during her hunts or weapons she ordered and customized. She decided to take a day off to prepare for the day and nurse a stomach wound. This year would be simple, she spent the day making a collage of pictures she took with Castiel and the brothers throughout those 3 years. Once she was done, Oya left the bunker and went to the mall in order to have it framed. As she was at a thrift shop, she was met by Castiel.

« What brings you here, Cas? » She asked as she kept looking at some shirts. 

« I wanted to talk to you, about your encounter with... » He stopped and watched as she pulled a corny shirt with a pair of breasts painted on it. «...With Lucifer. Did you really meet him? »

She shook her head and stared at the shirt for a while. She already had an apron she gave Dean with breasts painted on it, so she shrugged her shoulders and put the shirt back. Castiel furrowed his brows and noticed the goosebumps on her arms and the slight shaking of her lips. She had not met Lucifer but she did meet a demon. Castiel's gaze softened and he put his hand on Oya's shoulder.

« I am glad you didn't meet Lucifer. I'm glad you're okay. »

« I don't know if I am okay. » She whispered and turned around to face Castiel. « I can't really be okay. I am terrified. » She admitted before she looked at the angel's face. « I'm terrified because I realize that I am weak in front of demons. I can't help Sam, Dean and you if we're up against a demon. It's frustrating me as well as terrifying me. » She clenched her fists. « I can't even help Joshua... »

« You don't have to do this alone. » Castiel said, both his hands now holding the hunter's shoulders. « I know you like to do this on your own, but asking for help is never a shame. »

« Says the one who always goes solo. » She sneered but smiled at him.

« Which is why I am telling you that asking for help is not a bad thing. I came to regret some of my actions. » -He cupped her cheek, which made Oya close her eyes.- « You need help, your friend needs help and we're going to help you save him. »

« I wouldn't be able to handle his death... » Oya choked at her own words and she leaned her cheek into his hand. « I wouldn't be able to handle any of your deaths. »

« But you're comfortable sacrificing yourself ? » -She put her hand over his and shut her eyes.

« I don't want to argue today. Please, let's not. » Oya pulled away from him and turned around to look at some pants. These were nice with comic book logos on it. There was one pair of leggings with a Batman symbol on it, others with Wonder woman.

« I didn't come to argue with you Oya. I was concerned. Sam told me you faced a demon and I was afraid it was Lucifer. » She shrugged and shook her head.

« It was not. » She sighed and picked a star-spangled legging. She turned around to look at Castiel. « You look concerned... »

« Of course. » He walked towards her. «I wanted to make sure you were alright. You don't seem to be. Is there something I can do ? »

« Right now ? » She grabbed another pair of legging, this time a pair of Hulk's « help me pick up the best pair of leggings. Hulk or Captain America ? » she pushed the two in front of Castiel who gave her a stern look. She was serious and the slight smile on her lips was enough to convince him to answer.

« Captain America. »

« O,h fudge ! I wouldn't have thought !  » Oya chuckled and gently and put the Hulk's pants back. « You always seemed the Bruce Banner type of guy. Always quiet, always keeping himself in check while he has the power to destroy the planet. »

« I don't have that kind of power. » He bluntly said. « But I get what you are saying. »

She took the pants and paid for them. As they both left the thrift shop, the ebony hunter stopped and looked up at Castiel's face. He could tell she was upset, and still shaken from her encounter with the demon. She chewed at her bottom lip and ran her hand through her heavy black curls. Castiel noticed she was trying her best to put up a brave face. He tilted his head to look at her, waiting for Oya to actually say something.

« I want to enjoy the time we have together, because I could be dead tomorrow. I've stopped running away, Castiel. I have stopped running away. You're family, Sam, Dean, and you. I still have my issues with angels, but you're not like the rest of them. You are you and I love you. »

« I wouldn't let anything happen to you, Oya. » He pulled her into a hug. « Besides, it's soon your anniversary. »

« I want a big cake. » She said, hugging him as tight as she could.

« Then, you shall have it. »

-TBC-

No comments:

Post a Comment