Saturday, January 1, 2022

New Year short (Elpis COPG):

 (Elpis)


"Mortals concern themselves with how they would spend the next year of their lives. I used to mock them a little because I didn't understand them. Being cursed forced me to see things from their perspective and it became an eye-opener. They aren't immortals like I am. They aren't gods, but they are my mother's creations. Their lives are fragile, short-lived and because they don't know when to expect Death or how to prepare for it, they hope and pray. 


They hope for a better tomorrow. they hope to become the best versions of themselves. They hope to know love, comfort, and safety. They pray to give meaning to their existence and this, in itself is beautiful. Before I spent time with humans, I couldn't understand the concept. I was a goddess, I simply was. I embodied Hope. I was Light. I didn't need to ponder about my purpose for it was to exist. Love tore down that simplistic vision of existence. 


Betrayal tainted everything with the bitter taste of it and Being cursed opened my eyes to my own desires. I wanted to be free. I needed to find Pride. I needed to get revenge on my traitorous siblings. I can feel the planet call for me, ask me to become its new All-Mother, the one to decide and give life. the one to pray to. the one to worship and lead. I am a leader. 


I am a healer. 

I am a lover. 

I am...But this time, I have found a true meaning for that word. 


So Happy New Year. 

Happy Light Day. 

Happy Life until we meet again."

No comments:

Post a Comment