Friday, January 7, 2022

NMT FANCAST.

 A little exercise I was asked today. Should the book be turned into a movie, what would be my dreamcast and why? Also those characters appear or are mentioned in the first book. (I only focused on the most important ones)


Asma Jensen = Aja Naomi King. She is an excellent actress who can showcase the complex emotions that go through her mind. She can be strong, sensitive, fragile, hysterical but also brave, caring, loving and she is gorgeous! Asma struggles a lot and I really want her to be done justice. A good wig and beautiful make-up and she'll be ready to go. I am very protective of my main character, I love her so much. I want her to be portrayed by someone who can give her justice.

"The President" Nëela Olusegun =Ana Diop. I can't see anyone else who would be able to carry both Nëela's strength and vulnerability as Ana. (Well, that's a lie because Yetide Badaki is awesome). She honestly is a wonderful actress whose range I know more than Yetide (but she's second choice). She is magnetic, sexy, poised and honestly I can see her portray my President beautifully.

Abel Olusegun = Yaya Abdul Mateen. He's the loyal husband of the President and fought the "Last Rebellion" alongside her. He is strong, keeps to himself except when they are together. she's the only one he trusts therefore, she's the only one who can see him as he truly is. He's the Captain of the Elite (think of it as the Swat team who only tackles the most dangerous threats). Yaya has the range. He can portray anger, calm, he can be credible as a wise person, he's still young and he is charismatic.

Ivanna Markolvich (last name might change) = Syndey Lemmon. She was phenomenal in the Hellstrom tv show. She has the presence, the physical features, an uncanny beauty (or at least, a FACE) that works very well with my assassin/ Spy. Ivanna is a prized member of the Elite. she's been saved by Nêela during the last rebellion and became loyal to her. She's calm, only speaks when she wants to, is actually very traumatized and hasn't fully healed when the story begins. she's very close to Nëela.

Sodih Benh = Mary Wiseman. She was excellent in Star Trek Discovery and I honestly really loved her there. she made me smile and she made me cry. she's very bright and I think she can bring this charm, joy and vulnerability to my character Sodih. She's the pilot of the Elite. very happy-go-lucky and very loving. she's not mothering the group however, but rather, is concerned about them and can absolutely be uspet at them. Sodih has been saved by Nëela during the last rebellion and believes in her but her family rejected her for joining who they basically consider a traitor's rank.

"Ambassador" Aid'Ahn = Lee Pace. Well, do we need to introduce the guy? I think Lee Pace could absolutely channel the ambiguity of this character. he is charming, menacing, secretive, calculated and can be either cold and cruel or warm and lovely. This character plays a key role in the book but the extent of it would be known in the second book. I love him already and I needed a great actor and gorgeous face to play him.

"Empress" Sun Kwan = Zhang Ziyi. She is the second "young revolutionaries" leader. She fought alongside Nëela to set their people (The Metroians) free from the tyranical rule of the other ethnicity (the Dynasties). She is drop dead gorgeous, delicate, a cold lady with an iron fist which is needed since her power is challenged all the time. She is mentioned but will play a bigger role in the second book.

Axl Azuma = Mousa Kraish. Axl is a very important character. He is the notable of the biggest Dynasties neighbourhood. He is a handsome man, a good man who treats everyone with respect and has strong values. he keeps to himself but he was able to strike a nice friendship with Asma. I love him and I love the actor. you can see him in American gods first season. He's the Djinn.

"The King" Beastmaster = Florian Munteanu. He shook me in Creed II. I honestly need to see him in another movie and why wouldn't it be about my book? Beastmaster is the last "Young Revolutionaries" with Nëela and Sun Kwan. He is a very radical Metroian who doesn't want a single Dynastie alive in his continent. He still remains courteous and benevolent with other Metroians. He is traumatized by what his people went through for millennia and is absolutely cynical and absolutist. I needed someone who could both play vulnerability and strength.

"Deci-Bel" Chandra = Rachel Skarsten. Chandra is a very pivotal character. The impact she left in the book is everlasting and we will not forget about her in the other books. She's angry, hurt, disappointed and desperate and I think that Rachel can actually play the part well. Besides, her features are striking and her acting range is phenomenal. I can't say more about Deci-Bel because it would spoil the whole book, but she's as important as a nose is to breathe. :p

(Also, I won't add Angela Bassett's picture but she's supposed to be Asma's mother)

No comments:

Post a Comment