Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Witchy hour - Bourbon to Bourbon

// Elijah just spoke to me. I wanted to write him. it's the first attempt. 


xxxxx



"Do you know where my brother is, Little Witch?"

She would have recognized the voice even in a hundred years. Elijah Mikaelson, the original. Asma didn't expect to meet with him. She didn't even consider that he would come back to her since he encouraged her to leave her shop and venture into the world. She felt goosebumps cover her arms and felt her lips tremble but she kept her composure and bit her inner cheek. She tried to save face, but Elijah was able to hear her heartbeats. He could see that her heart was beating faster and she was nervous, still in control but nervous.  Once the shock of his presence started to fade away, the young woman realized that the question he asked was, again, about his family's whereabouts. All these years without seeing her and the only question he had for her was about Klaus.  Her lips trembled harder and her heart sank a little bit.

"Did your familiar get your tongue?  I asked a question, Little Witch. Where is my brother?"

"I heard you the first time Elijah." -She snapped in a whisper.-

Elijah grunted eyebrows furrowed as he was processing the cold shoulder she was giving him. Asma had never been like this with him in the past. She had always been happy to see his face or hear his voice and had always welcomed the older Original. For the first time since they knew each other, the pink-haired witch was distant, cold, upset even. He didn't know what warranted the change of behavior but he didn't like it.  He ordered a glass of whiskey on rocks and sat next to her. She didn't move, not even her head as he sat close to her. She could feel his overwhelming presence next to her and didn't even need to look at his face to notice that he was putting his charming face on. He was trying to seduce her, once again, hoping that his voice and intense black gaze would be enough for her to wrap herself around his finger. 

"I heard you but I didn't want to run just because you snapped your fingers." -She finally said, lifting her head so she could sit straight. Her tone vas defiant, way too much for him to ignore-

"Is there something I don't know? You seem different, Asma." -He sounded annoyed at her change of tone-

"Different? Oh you mean, I'm not trying to please you as I used to." She swallowed a hard lump and brought her glass of bourbon to her lips. She didn't want to look at him.-

"What's going o--"

"I don't know where he is and /if/ I knew, I wouldn't tell you anyway. I think you're old enough to do your own search party, aren't you?" -She snapped again, her eyes shining brightly behind her sunglasses-

"Asma!" -The Witch shrugged and chewed at her bottom lip. He rarely raised his voice at her, so she knew that he was upset. Elijah closed the distance between the two of them, creating an intimacy that was making the witch uncomfortable.- "Now that I have your attention, I am going to ask you two a question and you will answer me."

"Are you threatening me, Elijah?" -She asked, the walls started to shake as her power was slowly starting to manifest itself.-

"I am not. However, since you want to act like a child, I will treat you like a parent. I have been looking for Klaus for a while now. I located him here and I know that he is here. Now, now... My brother is many things but he isn't a witch so you know where he is and you helped him hide."

"How clever you are Elijah..." -She snarled and shrugged her shoulders. "I did know where he was and I hid him, yes. He wanted to lay low and I wanted to protect him. However, it had been a while since I last saw him and I don't know where he is today. If I knew, I would be with him instead of drinking on my own here." -She raised her glass to toast and took a sip of her drink.- "You want to know why I'm being hostile now, don't you?"

"It could certainly help." 

Elijah's mind was racing. He didn't know what to make of the new information she had just given him. So Klaus found her or perhaps she found Klaus. The fact Klaus didn't kill her was in itself a miracle but that also indicated something deeper, something more worrisome. Asma mentioned that they talked together and she even mentioned that she would have spent time with him. Elijah wasn't stupid, he was starting to realize that Klaus and Asma became closer than he anticipated. He had always tried to protect his assets from his chaotic brother. Klaus had the habit of finding the witches Elijah knew and killing them to piss off his older brother. What set Asma apart? what made him not kill Asma? What made her want to spend time with Klaus? He furrowed his brows. 

"What's going on between my brother and you?"

"Ah.. now you care.." -She sneered- "Nothing dangerous, you can relax. I told you that I would not try to kill him and I always keep my word." -She looked at him, her glasses barely concealing the bright light of her eyes. "I found him and we started to talk. Funny how a simple conversation could open your eyes about the way people perceive you. For example...How one's Little Witch's existence is only known by one person and one person only." -She snapped and took another sip of her bourbon. 

"I didn't talk about you because I wanted to protect you from Klaus. As soon as he knows what I am up to, he tends to kill the ---"

"Assets? Things? I am not stupid Elijah. I know that I am nothing but a tool for you. I deluded myself into thinking that I mattered to you enough to be your friend. Yet, you never really cared for me. You only cared for what I could do for you. Even now, you come to see me, and the first thing you ask if where your brother is." 

She noticed that the barman gave him his glass of bourbon and toasted against the glass. Elijah looked at her with eyes wide open and his jaw tightened. Klaus talked to her and he told Asma about the previous witches he killed and had probably told her the truth about the relations he had. The venom in her mouth and the way she emptied her glass indicated that she was upset. 

"Asma. I think that we should be talking. I can see that you are hurt and upset and I have owned your scorn but I know you and I think I deserve to at least talk to you."

"Not today. I don't want to talk to you today Elijah. You know where my shop is, perhaps I would feel inclined to talk to you in a couple days but let me breathe a little bit."

She paid for her drink and left the bar and a perplexed Original who didn't know what to do with the new information he had. One thing was sure, he was angry at Klaus for messing with his powerful witch and had to find his little brother in order to stop him from ruining his relationship with his asset. The young woman felt her heart beat faster, her cheeks were red and hot and she was feeling pain tormenting her body. She knew she wouldn't see Klaus but she wanted to see him anyway. She needed to see him anyway...She needed it.


No comments:

Post a Comment