Monday, August 29, 2022

Got: (modern): A father's speech

Got: (modern): A father's speech


 // Because he wasn't the best dad of the year.... those are some of the last words he said to his daughter because he died.


xxxx


"You have a name. you are a Targaryen and because of this, you have responsibilities attached to that name. You have My eyes. You have my hair and you have my attitude. They would try to tell you that you are not my child, that you are not my blood. They would try to tell you that you  doesn't deserve to have a sit at the table of our family. You have dragon blood. You are a Dragon Rider. You are a Dragon  Queen, Bäahal, A child who was born out of love between your mother and I. Fire is your blood, therefore you should let no one disrespect you. Not even your own family. Listen to me carefully, child. I would not accept any more tears from you. You have to embrace your heritage. You have to embrace your power. 


You have a name. You are a Targaryen and your primary duty is to ensure the rest of the world respects our family. You have to make sure that no one would spit on the ground you walk on but would instead kiss your feet and grovel before you. You are my daughter, Bäahal. You are the Dragon King's daughter and because of it, you have to uphold the reputation of the family. I could not bear to witness the decline of my family, or the humiliation of my beloved daughter. You have to obey your sister, Daenerys, because she knows what's best for this family and would always make sure that you fulfill your role as my second-born daughter. You have to keep in mind that  Family always comes first. Now now, child, dry those tears. Dry those tears and don't cry for me. I have done the best I could and while I know it wasn't perfect, I have tried to be there when it mattered. Now, leave and remember that I love you. Remember your duties. Remember me."


-TBC-

No comments:

Post a Comment