Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Klasma: (TVD): Second encounter - Damon x Mary-

Klasma: (TVD): Second encounter - Damon x Mary-



// All the usual disclaimers


xxx


"Here you are, buttercup. I have been looking for you but you have a knack at eluding me."


Damon's voice sent a shiver down the witch's spine. She rolled her eyes and tilted her head to the side. Damon was relentless. Once he had an idea, he rarely gave up on it and she knew he wouldn't leave her alone. He noticed Klaus, and she suspected that Damon wanted to get revenge on the hybrid. It wouldn't be a surprise if it was the case. Klaus had hurt way too many people over the centuries and she eavesdropped on some of the conversations Elena and her gang had when shopping for medicine.  She took a deep breath and pinched the top of her nose. Damon felt he was annoying her, not that it bothered him, but he couldn't help but smile at how uneasy she was.


"Damon! I guess I can't really get rid of you." -He chuckled and sat right next to her stool.- "What is it that you want to know?"


"Klaus!" -He looked at the bartender and moved his head to let him know that he was ready to order.- "I want to know where Klaus is."


"I don't /know/!" -She growled and started to tap her fingers against the wooden table of the bar counter.- "Even if I knew, why would I tell you?"


"Why wouldn't you?  What does Klaus have on you that could make a witch, as powerful as you, protect him?"


"Why does it matter to you, Damon?" -She lifted her brow and grabbed her beer to take a sip- 


The vampire looked at her, his piercing blue eyes stared at her from head to toe. She was a gorgeous woman and that probably could explain the type of relationship Klaus had with her. He wasn't blind, he was still a male, of course, he would want to enjoy the beauty of this powerful witch. It would be way too simple, however, because Klaus was known to be self-serving. He wanted something else from her, perhaps her power. She managed to cloak herself from the likes of Damon, only forcing him to remove her glasses to notice they were special. She was good enough to hide her smell, to blend in with humans. He cleared his throat, ordered a glass of bourbon, and tilted his head in order to invade her personal space and make it more uncomfortable for her. 


"No matter what he said to you or promised you, Klaus is still a selfish little bastard. A vile psychopath who would hurt the people I care about like he did in the past."


"Spoken as if 1: I need anything from him and 2: as if you had not been a psychopath either." -It stung, and it made Damon growl lowly. He didn't like to be reminded of his past rampages. Damon, unlike his perfect brother Stefan, had plenty of dark episodes that always left a trail of dead bodies behind-


"Eh...I never said I was a good person." -He shrugged his shoulders and took a sip of his drink- "However, you are putting up a great act around my friends. You pretend you're a good witch, that you want to take care of others. you give your pretty smiles and your caring advice. You pretend you are good but I can smell blood on you. I can smell death on you. So you are far from being innocent either."


"Survival turns you into a killer." -She said with a dry tone.- "I never wanted to take those lives, Damon. I never wanted to have red on my ledger... But trouble seems to love finding me. even now."


He lifted a brow and took another sip of his drink. Did she call him trouble? well, he certainly was trouble. He grinned at her and pointed his fingers at the old witch with such young and refined features. She had a point. She didn't take lives in an act of revenge or boredom. She did so in order to protect herself from people who went after her. At least, he could smell she was telling the truth. It made him furrow his brows even harder because he was wondering why she was close to Klaus if she didn't need his protection. She didn't need his power, she didn't need immortality since she was an old soul. So why was she with him then? She twirled some of her pink hair and chuckled softly. She could tell he was confused and not satisfied with her answers. Who could understand her anyway? who could understand the way she felt for the hybrid? 


"Well... I have always been a troublesome child. Since you hang out with Klaus, I now became your trouble." -He pointed his drink at her and put it on the counter.- "You seem like you are smart, and independent. You don't need Klaus to protect yourself and you don't need him at all. I was expecting you'd hate him like all your sisters." -She clenched her jaw and put her beer down on the counter. Damon really didn't want to leave her alone and she knew that if she didn't snap back at him, he would be relentless.-


"Why waste my time with hatred, Damon? I have lived long enough with it rotting away my soul and causing me pain. I decided to try something else for a change." -He chuckled-


"And your sisters approved?" -She shrugged and took another sip of her beer- "I don't see any coven here. It's unusual for witches. I guess they didn't approve." -That damn vampire was smart. She clenched her jaw and nipped at her bottom lip. She was upset and so was he. The tension was becoming palatable and she knew that if she didn't quickly defuse the situation-


"Tell me something, Damon Salvatore. How does it feel to always be second best?" -She smiled and ran her hand through her hair. It didn't please the vampire who  snarled at her and emptied his glass.- "I am mean, my bad. I just wanted you to know that I could bite if I wanted to."

"I clearly saw that." - Damon's jaw clenched as well and he  leaned back a little bit to have a good look at the witch- "You're unusual."

"I'm my own person, that's all." -She dryly replied.- "Look. I do not know where Klaus is. I am not looking for trouble because I already have my own enemies to face. Klaus is his own man, you are your own person. You will see it with him when you see him." -SHe closed her eyes and pinched the bridge of her nose. 


"I don't believe you, Mary. You are closer to him than you pretend to be. You smell like him. Your face lits up whenever you hear his name and I don't feel any disgust on your face when you say his name. So. My guess is... you two are sex buddies." -He noticed she furrowed her brows and the veins on her right-hand popped more. She was angry, which was the reaction Damon wanted to see. He had hit a nerve.-


"So what? you are the sex police now, Damon?" -She snarled at him and then shrugged- "I see what you are trying to do here. You want to rile me up. You want to make me spill the beans. You want to see if I can be leveraged against Klaus. Let me burst your bubble. I am not. Klaus doesn't care about me and would not hesitate to kill me if he saw it fit. Whatever business I have with him is mine and mine alone, so I suggest you stop coming at me because I have nothing for you."

"Au contraire, my dear Witch. You have plenty to say. You're just not willing to. I won't insist tonight but you haven't seen the last of me. I am still watching you and I will make sure you're not trying to harm my friends." 

Mary shrugged but grabbed her beer and lifted it to toast as if to indicate that the conversation was now over. Damon paid for his drink and stood back up. there was no point in having an argument right now, especially since she clearly could perform magic to levels he had not seen before and he didn't want to take the risk of having her lash out at him and perhaps kill the patrons of the bar. Instead, the vampire chose to exit the place, already thinking about the next time he would see her. She was intriguing and he still couldn't understand how and why she was protecting Klaus. A witch, the natural enemy of vampires, smelled Klaus all over herself. She'd fuck that son of a bitch and he couldn't explain how and why it happened. So he had to get to the bottom of it. She had to get rid of him and make sure that there would be no other interruption of her hard-earned peace. But who was she kidding? Mystic Falls was a supernatural hub. 

-TBC-

No comments:

Post a Comment