Friday, October 21, 2022

GoT (regular): An Oath sworn at the sacred tree

GoT (regular): An Oath sworn  at the sacred tree 


// Bits of dialogue that didn't want to leave my brain. Call it Brain Rot. 


"I am my brother's keeper, Princess. You do know that I swore to protect my family at any cost necessary, even if that means against you. I would never want to come to it because I do see just how happy my brother is when we talk about you. I do see how happy you are when you talk about him. I know your souls are together. I know there is a strong bond between the two of you but I cannot risk my brother's life and I cannot risk the end of my House. I swore to protect the queen and I will make sure that nothing happens to you, or her, or to what's left of my family. I know you can understand this. I know you do understand me. Please, don't cry. I would never be able to make you stop crying. Please, Princess. You must understand why I have to warn you now. I do not want you to think that I oppose your union. I do not. I simply value both your lives and the life of my brother above all. This is why I am taking you here, to the sacred tree so we could make an Oath."


Tyrion's soft voice reached out to the ears of the princess who was standing near the sacred tree of King's Landing. Despite her best efforts, Bäahal was already crying. She choked on her tears, as she tried to put on a brave face in front of the Hand of her sister. What could she do? Ser Tyrion came to her chambers earlier on and asked her to follow him to the sacred tree. He wanted to take an oath, to make a promise before the gods regarding Jaime and she followed him, trusting the man blindly as he had become a friend of hers.  


"Ser Tyrion. I know you are afraid. My sister the queen, had been made aware of the feelings your brother and I both share. I have dreaded this moment for weeks now. I have tried to avoid talking about it since her initial reaction to it was rejection. I have already promised your sister, Kyra, that I would do everything in my power to protect the man I love. I have already promised your brother, Jaime, that I would always place duty and loyalty above my own selfish desires. I would not disappoint the court, I would not anger the queen. I would never want Jaime to suffer because of me. I just find it cruel that Fate put each other on the same path and made us fall in love with one another if it is to deny us this happiness. I've never loved until I met your brother and I've never loved someone as I love your brother. And because I love him, I will make an Oath to the sacred tree, so the gods would be my witnesses.  I swear, before the gods Old and New, that I would never allow harm to come to your brother, and if you have to separate us in order to protect him, please do. I would not stop you because his life is the most important to me. Your House's survival as well.. my promises to all of you and on top of it all, loyalty to my House, to my queen, to my sister."


He was right, Bäahal ended up crying, but she was determined and stubborn. She wanted to make sure he knew that she meant her words. The silver princess needed him to know she would do everything in he power to protect the man she loved and it wasn't just some fancy puppy love. She was committed to him and she wanted nothing more but to make sure he wouldn't be killed by her vengeful sister. Jaime had committed crimes and he had to answer to all of them. of course, he was allowed some freedom because of his actions during the last war and the fact he had been put in prison and didn't participate in the Last War but Daenerys had never truly been happy about it. So Jaime knew that his neck was out and it was just a matter of a mood, a feeling, a decision from the queen to have him exiled or killed. They had to tread carefully. Still, he didn't like to see the princess cry. 


"It pains me, Princess. It breaks my heart to have to listen to your words but I know they are true. We both want the same thing and we both love Jaime. We both care for him. I swear on my life and by the sacred tree that I would always watch after Jaime and Kyra. I would do my best to protect them and the best interests of House Lannister. I would do my best to fulfill my role as the Hand of the Queen even if that involves making decisions that could cost me my relationship with my family, as long as I try my best to keep them safe. I swear, before the gods Old and New, that I will protect Jaime from everyone, including himself and I will make sure that you are protected too."

His voice was soft, and her features softened as well. Her heart was put at ease because she was able to make her oath before the gods. Tyrion's heartfelt content as well and he finished his sentence with a faint but visible smile on his lips.


"As the hand of the queen?" -She requested, curbing a brow and extending her hand to him-


"As a friend, Princess." -He replied and grabbed her hand. It was time to go back inside the castle now that they had both sworn before the gods.-


-TBC-


No comments:

Post a Comment