Tuesday, July 18, 2023

it's a leap of faith

 How does one do to deal with the uncertainty of Life? 

How does one do, to ask for help when needed? 

When the words crash against an invisible wall, 

When one wonders if their existence mean something to others.

Are connections real? Are the friends and companions sincere?

I guess it's a gamble. It's a leap of faith. 

I guess it's  a gamble and you could either win or lose.



Some connections break, sometimes off-screen, or chosen by you.

And you wonder if they knew how much you valued them.

And you wonder if they really cared for you, or told you fairytales!

Words, can we trust them? Isn't a person bond to their word?

In an ancient time maybe, words could just be spells.

Spells cast on you in order to placate your feelings, manipulate you.

And you give your heart and you watch it break.

Because those who claimed they loved you weren't being true.



I guess it's a gamble. It's also a leap of faith.

But there are nights when the heart breaks too hard. 

Where you can't really fight the intrusive thoughts.

You're convinced that they all hate you and laugh on your back.

You're convinced that the world would keep on turning, 

even without you.

Especially without you.


What is real? What is true? 

Why is fear strangling my heart? 

How can I be sure that "you" would not leave "me" behind?

Like all the others? Those before "you"? 

I guess it's a leap of faith. 

I guess it's a gamble. 


I guess it's a leap of faith.

The one I have for you. 

At the end of the day, all I know is that I love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment