Tuesday, November 21, 2017

And everybody says

"And everybody says "I love you" but not everyone means it.
I always wondered if you questioned me whenever I uttered those words, but you never did. You believed me the first time I said so because you knew I didn't throw the words lightly. Do you know... Do you know how much I want you to be happy? That I want to bring a smile to your face whenever you read a text or see my name when I call you? Do you know how much I want to feel your touch? A gentle stroke of my cheek or a hand on my knee? A hug also maybe? Do you know how much I need a simple contact to anchor me to reality? Because... that's how you make me feel. That's what you are to me.. my anchor to this reality.
I never tire to see you happy. I never tire to read your texts, see you be excited about something. I never tire to see your name on my phone or hear your voice...I never tire of you. My agenda is simple, I want you to feel loved and cared for. Is it too much to ask for? Is it too much to want? I don't think so. And I try to convey those emotions, let you know that "hey, you're my friend and I adore you so much." but I feel that words are failing me. They wouldn't come out. They are stuck in my throat and I am frustrated. And you tell me that I do plenty of it already. That you feel loved alright. You tell me not to be frustrated because my message reached out to you. they always do.
And everybody says "I love you" but not everyone means it.
And I never expect you to say those words to me but always you do. And I believe you like you believe me because I know you don't throw the words out like trash. They mean something to you and I value them. I treasure them. I adore them. And when you say you want the same thing for me...it feels like you said you love me for the first time all over again. And you mean it... And I love you.
Oh, I love you. "

No comments:

Post a Comment