Friday, November 17, 2017

SoA: You gave me hope Jax-Asma

//All usual disclaimers

"Jax...Do you have a minute?"

He didn't have a minute. In all honesty, how could he have a minute when his head was busy with the club's most recent business? Asma was mostly his wife's friend. She would spend more time with her than she did Jax until he needed to fix a tattoo or stopped by to check on the woman because his wife requested it. They had their moments... they even shared a secret that lasted until Asma told Jessica that she did relapse one night and ruined her one year anniversary of being sober. That she sent a text to Jax instead of Jess and he picked her up and took her to his place. They bonded that night.

He noticed what was happening between Tig and her and given how relaxed Jessica seemed to be about these two lovebirds getting close to one another, Jax didn't think too much of that. Asma proved to know how to keep her tongue in her mouth. She kept herself far away from the club's business and he respected that. Asma didn't want to know what they were doing. She didn't want to take part of it but that didn't prevent her from caring about the members of the club. That didn't mean she couldn't be a friend of his family, spend time with them, get close to them. He let her, thinking it brought no harm to his family and the two developed a nice relationship. One akin to an older brother and a younger sister.

"Sure. What is it about?" He asked, putting his papers down on the table of his office.

"I wanted to....I wanted to thank you."

Now that took him by surprise. He furrowed his brows and tilted his head to the side. "Thank yous" weren't exactly what he used to hear. He looked at her with an intense blue gaze, eyes almost wide open as he didn't know how to react to her words. Of course, he cleared his throat and played it cool.

"You are welcome."

"You have no idea of why I've just said that, right?" -she teased him-

"Not really...it seems uncalled for. I didn't do much, save for taking you home that one night." She grinned and grabbed a piece of paper she rolled on itself and used as a telescope. he furrowed his brows and tried to take the paper from her but she dodged him "Asma! I don't have time to play."

"I didn't come to play. I came to say thank you. I meant my words."

"Okay. Why would you say thank you? what for?"

"For Jess. For you and Jess... For Love."

"What?" He blinked and leaned into his seat as she sat on the chair next to his.

"I mean... you gave me hope. That's what you two did. You also played a key role in my recovery. I'm still going to AA meetings and trying to get my life together but it all started when you came into my parlor for a tattoo for Jess. It all started with you. I had to say thank you."

"You don't have to say thank you...I honestly... I didn't do anything." He said, giving her a sheepish smile. He scratched the back of his neck and shrugged. " Jess happened to me. I was lucky enough to realize it. I am just a lucky chump..."

"Not just lucky. You believed...It made me believe.." She said, giving him a soft smile as she leaned into the chair. "I just.... I needed to see that it could happen..Love I mean.."

"Love you say?" He said with a grin. Of course, it was Love, Jax knew it, but saying this had a different flavor.

"Love I say." She replied with a grin. "Also, this baby girl better be named after me because if she's not I'm going to riot." She said standing up. "I'm going to buy something for the little one. See you around Blondie."

No comments:

Post a Comment