Thursday, November 23, 2017

Oya: Married to the job

A/N: Just trying my hand in this new version of Oya. I want to see if she still « talks to me » You don't have to read, as usual. I'm not forcing anyone.

Xxx

Phoenix, Arizona. -Henry Thomas household-, early afternoon.


« You know... You could have a normal life if you truly wanted Oya. » Sarah's voice echoed in the room as she walked back in with a fresh glass of lemonade she gave the young woman. Oya thanked her and took a few sips.

« Define normal. » She said, leaning into her chair.

Oya told the Winchester brothers that she needed a few days off for herself. She didn't say much and left the bunker to rush to Arizona. It was soon the anniversary of the death of her father's best friend, Henry Thomas. The man who trained her when she was 15 after he invited her over to the USA. She considered him a member of her family and got in touch with his children. Sarah and Joshua.

Sarah was a breathtaking tall blonde with green eyes in her mid-thirties. You wouldn't believe she was a very capable hunter if you glanced at her. With her uncanny beauty, she looked like a model and people would rather associate her with the fashion industry than the gruesome business of hunting. They wouldn't be wrong because Sarah wasn't officially a hunter. She knew how to handle monsters, ghosts, supernatural creatures but it wasn't her dedicated job. Her brother Joshua however, chose to be a hunter and had operated for 15 years now. They shared their father's house where Sarah's family -her husband and twin toddlers- and Joshua's girlfriend lived in.

« Normal as in, having a significant other, kids maybe, a legal job. I mean, you're still young, in your mid-thirties like me. You've avenged your family, so what's holding you back? You can quit this life! » She said, stirring the lemonade in her glass with her teaspoon.

« It's lost on me. All of that.. what you have. » She then shrugged. « I guess it doesn't bother me. I like what I'm doing. I save lives, I hunt.. »

« Oh. I forgot you were raised to enjoy it like sports. You really like tracking down monsters and kill them, don't you? » -She meant to hurt her, but it went past Oya's head.-

She said taking a sip. Oya looked away, her hazel eyes glancing at the pictures of the family on the wall. Henry stopped hunting the moment his wife, Anna, got pregnant with Joshua. He taught his children how to be wonderful hunters and helped his community more than before but he never fully returned to being a hunter. He was happy with the life he led, a normal settled life with kids and wife. It wasn't too different from what she had in her home country but she wasn't living there anymore. She was in the USA and being a hunter was not a job you could advertise for or put on your resume. It was hidden from the oblivious public. Oya stopped considering having a personal life after she lost everything. She was hell-bent on revenge and got what she wanted. Friends came along, the brothers, an angel..she kept them close to her heart and considered them her family. At least they were the closest to it she had. Hunting remained the most important thing in her life, the only thing that gave it a meaning. Saving people, getting rid of malevolent creatures was all she needed. The Winchesters changed her dynamic. She was used to working on her own and would have if she didn't have partners but she made sure she could still work alone for a couple days when Sam and Dean would be hunting together. It felt like old times sake, it helped her keep some autonomy and distance between her hosts and her.

« I do love that yeah. Tracking them down, putting them down...it's part of the thrill. Saving lives is more important of course, but I can't say no to a good hunt. » She said with a large smile. Sarah shrugged and took another sip.

« I'm just saying. You do as you please, but as I grow older and I hear about all those hunters getting killed on the job, I worry about you. »

« Henry never really left hat life. He never stopped being a hunter... I appreciate your concern but I will die a hunter and it's okay. it's okay. » She said holding Sarah's hand. « Some people are meant for lives like yours. Some are made for white picket fences and a dog and kids. I am not and it's okay. I'm great at my job. » Oya meant it. She really loved what she was doing and couldn't imagine stopping everything.

« Don't you feel alone? » Oya simply smiled at her and patted Sarah's arm. She leaned into her chair once again and pointed at a picture of the twins.

« How old are they now? »

« W—what? » Sarah shook her head and looked up at the wall and smiled as she realized Oya was talking about her kids.

« They're 3. Dad died before he could meet them. I want Joshua to live long enough to spend some time with them and I want you too. » She said holding Oya's hand tighter. « I want you to be happy... »

« I am. You are happy and your happiness is mine too. I am thrilled you had the twins and got married and have a stable job. It really makes me happy. » She said with a soft smile on her lips. « I am happy because I can get to fight monsters and save people. I was able to put my family murder behind. It left me ugly scars but..the Asanbosam is no more.  I still have a purpose so I keep moving forward. » Sarah smiled at Oya. She wasn't convinced but decided not to make a fuss about it.

« Okay. You're good. Please, tell me that at least you get laid ?! I mean.. you do get laid right? »

« Ehehe. How dare you doubt this chocolate goodness? » She poked Sarah's shoulder and then looked at a picture of Henry. « I miss him... When my family was murdered, I had no one to turn to, save you. I wanted to thank you for taking me in when I needed a place to crash. »

« There's no need for that! Of course, we took you in. Dad would have, you're family too. » She watched Oya empty her glass to smother the feelings she was starting to have and then smile at her.

« Do you mind if I crash? I'm exhausted from the trip. Tomorrow we go to his grave, right? » Sarah nodded and put her hand over her lips as she felt a little overwhelmed. « I'll be there. »


She stood up and walked towards the bedroom. Joshua wasn't home yet but she was planning to have him fill her in with the case he was working on, so she could watch him while on a mission. She took her phone on her way to the bedroom and texted Dean. [I'm alive and okay. I'll stay two days and would be home soon. I hope you're both fine! Come back in one piece! See you.] She sent it and then crashed into the bedroom she used to sleep in when she lived with the Thomas Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment