Thursday, November 9, 2017

You're too late

Friendship is supposed to be endless, it shouldn't have an expiration date. That's what we say to kids when they are old enough to understand the concept of friendship. Friends are supposed to be "forever". Of course we spare those poor kids the idea of being heartbroken someday because your friend betrays you or because life took you apart. it happens, more than once. Some friendships aren't meant to last. some would be beautiful and life would take you apart, and some would be beautiful but end ugly because something would happen between the two of you. Individuals and life can't be predictable. Which brings me to you. 

You and I, we've been friends in the past. The long distant past that I don't care about anymore. You and I, we belong to that past. I have buried it, outgrown it and now I am living my very own life and I am fucking happy as you can see. I don't need you, maybe you need me but you're the past hon. I don't need you. I have outgrown you, I have buried the memories we share and they mean nothing to me as we speak today. What happened, you'd ask? Well, if you still have to ask then I have nothing more to tell you but for the sake of the argument, I would still tell you. You betrayed me, years ago. You were on a pedestal and I admired and loved you with all I had and then you ruined everything. You ruined it. you... by yourself. When rumours started to run about you stabbing your own best friends in the back, spitting at them despite them giving you their full support when nobody did, you denied it happened. EVERYONE KNEW it happened since they were kind enough to repeat stuff you said. People with no connection other than you, people who were aware of secrets that only /you/ knew came back to spit that in our faces and you denied. 

How can I fucking forget that? How can I forget the way you made my family feel? How do you want me to ignore the pain you caused me? I am not in pain anymore (and had not been for over a decade now) and I forgave you for your past deeds but I fucking don't want you to come back into my life and think you know me. You don't. You don't know me. I might be posting stuff here and there but I am very guarded and I only confide in people I am close to. You're not it, sweetie. You're not it at all. Can you please stop trying to get into my inner circle? It's getting ridiculous. you are way too late honey. Way too late to come over and try to sneak your ugly head into my inner circle. I don't want you. Hear me LOUD AND CLEAR: I don't WANT YOU! 

No comments:

Post a Comment