Monday, March 25, 2024

JB modern: Never shrink yourself for others

(Modern)


My mother always told me that I shouldn't shrink myself to please others. I shouldn't forget myself or ignore my own needs for the needs of others. She knew what was to come and for the most part, I couldn't follow her piece of advice. I shrunk myself into digestible bite size so my siblings, my mother-in-law, and my father would be pleased by me. I fought hard to be noticed and accepted but it was in vain since I was still hated by everyone but my father. I still had to work hard to make sure my presence was not irritating. 


Meeting Jaime snapped me out of that funk. He told me that I shouldn't accept anything my sister tried to make me do and thanks to him, I was able to tell Dany off. I was able to stand up for myself and to choose me instead of her. I was reminded of my mother's words. I was reminded that I didn't have to shrink myself to be pleasant anymore, especially if it was eating at me. So I won't be. I won't be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment