Thursday, March 28, 2024

Gabriel : Meeting with Raphael

Gabriel: Meeting with Raphael


// My Archangel was talking a bit. I just wanted to explore her a little bit.  Here's a little conversation with her closest brother, Raphaël, and some elements of her universe.  


TLDR: "God went missing. Michael has decided to take over and is going against his father's wishes for mankind. Gabriel opposes him and she goes to hide among humans in protest. Her real ambition is to find their father before Michael launches his plan to subjugate humanity."


xxxxxx




Despite her cold demeanor, Gabriel was nervous. Her red eyes scanned the area, expecting to meet with a familiar face but there were only a couple of people at the tables nearby, all drinking coffee or reading the newspapers.  She closed her eyes for a moment, pinching the bridge of her nose to regain her concentration, and crossed her legs. For the occasion, she was wearing an elegant long-sleeved red dress and had braided her hair into one huge braid. At her feet were black flat shoes she picked to remain comfortable. It was a beautiful spring day, one of which made her feel lucky to be able to witness Nature in all of its glory. While she focused her attention on a squirrel that was climbing a tree near the coffee shop, she felt a hand squeeze her shoulder and instantly turned her attention toward the person who was touching her.


"I finally found you."


"I let myself be found... Raph." - She whispered while he sat next to her.- "I sent you an invite."


"I know." -He furrowed his brows and caught the attention of one of the waiters who came to their table and took his coffee order- "I've missed you, sister."


"...." -She paused and shrugged while looking away from her brother. "Did you even notice I was gone?"


Raphaël didn't know how to tell to his sister that he actually noticed she was gone. Her departure from the Silver City caused a whirlwind, Michael was out of his mind, upset that she chose to leave her family to hide among humans. For millennia he tried to locate her but to no avail. It didn't work. She was nowhere to be found. They couldn't understand her decision to leave, even now that he was before his sister, Raphaël was still wondering why she left her family for humans. Michael was clear about the plan they ought to follow and a dissention between angels was unheard of. Raphaël thought that meeting their sister would encourage her to come home and would definitely put an end to the stressful atmosphere in the Silver City. 


"I did... We all did. Gabby, why did you leave?"


"Pfft, after all this time you still don't understand? I left because of you. I left because I don't agree with the way you do things. Father gave humans free will and you decided to take it away from them. We're supposed to be at their service, not the other way around but you refused to listen to me. you refused to listen to Dad's will."


"Well, Dad's gone. So what?"


"He is gone and you decided to go rogue? He treasures humans but you don't care about them. I refuse to see you enslave humanity. you can tell Michael that!"


"Michael is not going to accept it."


"Do you remember what he told me before I left? You were there, weren't you Raph?" -Raphaël stroked the tip of his nose and took his cup of coffee. He didn't say anything because she was right, the angel witnessed her last argument with their older brother. He heard it clearly and he knew what she was about to say. He simply didn't want to repeat the words for they cut deep and he didn't want to hurt her.- "Of course you do. He said that I was useless because I couldn't hear Father's voice anymore. I couldn't carry his message therefore I couldn't tell you what he wanted. He wasn't willing to listen to anything I had to say, no matter how hard I was trying to tell him that I knew Father because he spoke directly to me. I knew what he wanted and I...intend to protect his dreams and desires for mankind." She clenched her fingers into a fist and took a deep breath. "Look at me."


"I am looking." -He said, still avoiding her- "I--"


"Look at me!" -He took a sip of his coffee and then slowly lifted his head to stare at her face. She had removed her sunglasses and was staring at him with her dark red eyes. Her fluffy white hair framed her face perfectly and she looked so beautiful and yet so cold that he swallowed a big lump and held her gaze.- "Good." -She shrugged and furrowed her brows- "Michael is misguided. I know he means well, but I know humans, have spent some time with them and I think that what you're planning to do is not going to end well. So tell Michael to stop being so damn stubborn and to listen to me for once."


"Sister...I will talk to him. I can't guarantee that he would listen to me. He is close to putting his plan in motion so...He might still feel righteous." -He scratched the back of his neck.- "Could it be possible for us to depart in a hug?"


"A hug? " He grabbed her hand to hold onto it. "Raph...I can't..." -She still held his hand tight just so he could feel that she wanted to hug him but couldn't bring herself to do it- "I can gift you with knowledge instead. I am going to find Dad. I know he's in hiding but I will find him. Tell Michael that I will succeed and I will bring Dad back."


Raphaël eyes grew wide, so wide that he didn't react when she stood up and kissed his forehead before vanishing. He didn't react when he realized that she was gone but he smiled still. Gabriel had not rejected her family. She still had love in her heart for them and someday, maybe, they could reconcile. Maybe. 


-TBC-

No comments:

Post a Comment