Monday, March 25, 2024

Doya: I feel lucky.

I feel lucky, come to think of it, because I get to wake up to you every day. I never really cared if we stayed at the Bunker or went to a motel. All that mattered to me was to stay with you. I want to feel your arms wrapped around me, keeping me safe from my nightmares. 


I feel lucky, come to think of it, because I get to sleep with you every night. I get to nuzzle your neck and talk to you until I fall asleep. I get to be comforted by your heartbeats and the rise and fall of your chest. I feel safe there, right in your arms, and while I know that we can't really be safe anywhere, I still feel safe there. 


I feel lucky, come to think of it, because I get to be loved by you. I can see it in all your little gestures, your kindness, the way you cook for us, the kisses on my skin, the comfort when I have nightmares and night terrors. I can see it in the way you look at me, the words you can't say but I know of. I can see it in the way you wear the aprons I bring back from my solo cases. I can see it when you support me, no matter what I do.


I feel lucky because you love me. 

I feel lucky because I can love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment