Thursday, May 12, 2022

COPG; chronicles of the primeval gods: Life of Elpis: dominion

 // Elpis cannot be forgotten. 


The goddess of Hope was at a bar, her perfect legs crossed while she was drinking a cold glass of wine. She was wearing a short red dress and red stilettos, her pink hair fell perfectly on her shoulders and back as she was staring at the unexpected humans who were going about in their lives. They had no ideas about the war that was about to start between the primeval gods. How puny they were, how lucky they were to be oblivious about the greater designs the gods had for them. She was like this, thousands of years ago, unaware of the bigger picture and the manipulative nature of her family. Had she known they were afraid of her power, she would have tried to control it much sooner. SHe would have set herself free from their control and perhaps, yes, perhaps, she wouldn't have been betrayed by her siblings. She wouldn't have been cursed into a never-ending reincarnation cycle. But with ifs, we would put Rome in a bottle. With ifs, she would have done things differently and why would she live with regrets? She didn't have to. She wouldn't do. 


Today, she was free and she was preparing her revenge on her siblings. Today she had another chance at life and the World had another chance too. A life without Hope sent the world down a negative spiral. The world was grey and dull. People were serving Fate, believing that nothing was unexpected and Fate decided for them. Since her return, they became more daring, more curious and Life resumed as It should have. Her powers were restored, explored, and increased. She wasn't alone anymore and she was encouraged to get better, become stronger, and rule the universe with Superbia. She would. oh yes, she would. She knew that her siblings were dreading their next encounter. She hoped that Ayasha received the visit of black butterflies, announcing their upcoming demise at the hands of Pride and Elpis. She hoped they were shaking in the coldness of their Prime Garden, the realm of the primeval gods, and were convincing themselves that they were better, stronger than Superbia and the goddess. Such nonsense! 


Elpis kept in touch with Pride, from time to time he wrote to her, using that human device called a cellphone to text her. He always kept it casual, short, and efficient, but from time to time, he would write pet names to her, sending shivers down her spine, making her blush and appreciate the moment. She loved it. She loved their conversations and their constant teasing. She tilted her head to the side, scrolling on her phone while the waitress with which she established a good rapport earlier, noticed the picture of the sin and commented on how dreamy he was. Elpis grinned and nodded, pulling her sunglasses up her nose to keep her eyes concealed.  Yes, he was. of course he was and he was hers. The waitress offered a nice distraction to the goddess who didn't think about her siblings for at least a short while and when asked about how it feels to talk to her partner, (as Elpis called him), the pink-haired goddess replied. 


"I think about Eternity. When I look at him, I think about him sitting on his throne with me on his lap. I am thinking about giving him the universe on a silver platter. I want my Emperor to be happy, satisfied, and powerful.  when I look at him, I think about his fingers wrapped around my neck while he is deep inside of me. I think about him making me beg for his touch, beg for his cock, for his attention, and reward me because I have been a good girl.  mmhh.. when I look at him, I think about my revenge, the blood we'd spill on the floor, onto our blades, all over ourselves.  I think about his arms holding me tight for he will be my only family. the only one left once I have decimated my pantheon."


"Your... pantheon?" -The waitress didn't understand the goddess' reply. How could she when she was just human? It made Elpis chuckle and she gently nodded- "It's a metaphor isn't it?"


"Yes... yes, it is... I just love him beyond reasons. that's the truth here, so when I look at him, I see my future. I see my love. I see my life. I see us forever."


"how romantiiiiiic! Oh, my God, you're so romantic! Thank you for telling me." 


Elpis smiled at her, shaking her head at the reaction she thought. Silly humans, puny humans, oblivious humans. Her naivety made the goddess smile. She loved their innocence and the simple enjoyment of relationships. They didn't have eternity and learned to enjoy life to its fullest, which inspired the goddess to do the same. she would live her life to the fullest. 


-TBC-


No comments:

Post a Comment