Thursday, January 5, 2023

copg: Life and Death of Gaea: Dreadful conversation

copg: Life and Death of Gaea: Dreadful conversation 


// Gaea is finally about to realize the threat her daughter really is. 


Gaea yanked her head back as she looked at the clear blue sky. She felt the shift in the air, the fact the elements weren't following her orders as they used to, the fact she couldn't influence humans as she used to. The goddess of Life knew that it couldn't be a coincidence or an accident. It had to be Elpis. She had tried to reach out to her daughter but Elpis had always shut her down. Could she blame her? After all, Gaea knew what was going to happen to her. She knew about the betrayal, she knew about Ayasha's nefarious project, and still, she let it happen. As she lowered her head, Gaea noticed the ducks swimming in the lake and knelt on the grass. her hand slowly brushed the grass and she tried to connect with the elements.  She felt a disturbance in the air as if she was being watched. That prompted her to whisper. 


"Elpis? Is that you? Are you trying to reach out to me?"


"Yes." -The answer was short and dry. Gaea put her hand on her chest-


"Daugther...It's good to hear your voice again. It has been such a long time. How... How are you doing?"


"I didn't reach out in order to have small talk, Gaea. I reached out to warn you."


"Warn me? You're not thinking about coming at me, aren't you?" -She could feel her heartbeats go faster and harder.- "I love you, Daughter." -She risked saying-


"You never did. You never loved any of us. You didn't even love Khaos enough to save his life. You love yourself more than anything else, Gaea. You love yourself and you love being worshipped." -Elpis' voice was filled with venom.- 


Gaea could feel her blood go cold as she felt the obvious threat in the words of her daughter. It wasn't the first time a child of hers told her the truth. Gaea loved being worshipped by humans, so much so that she chose to hide among them. She didn't want to face the devouring ambition of Ayasha and Ishtar. She didn't want to be involved in their war, and she didn't want to be challenged. She didn't want to lose her title and power but more importantly, she didn't want to lose her life. Ayasha's words echoed in her mind, becoming more and more appealing to the Goddess. 


"I do love you. You are the lovechild of Khaos and me. I haven't been a good mother, I can acknowledge it. I have been selfish, I ran away when I shouldn't have. I was scared, Elpis. I didn't want to die, so I chose to escape."


" Cut the crap, Gaea. I learned a lot about myself during those 2000 years. I learned that I was born with a power that surpasses everything. I was born powerful. I was born perfect and You got scared. You tried to convince me that I was nothing but a sweet and innocent girl who couldn't possibly know her true power. You made my siblings treat me like a child, containing my power, and ensuring that I would never know what I could do. You did it! /YOU/ did it, Gaea. So stop pretending that you love me."


"But I /do/ love you. what do you want me to do to win you over?"


"Win me over? Ahah...Don't be naive. I'm past giving you a second chance. I will deal with my siblings. I will destroy the pantheon. I will avenge my fallen siblings and I will come for you."


"Come for me? You're not considering becoming the new All-Mother, Elpis? You're not?" -She was starting to sweat, and put her hand over her chest- "you're not?.... You're not!!!"


The connection was severed and Gaea couldn't feel her daughter anymore. Elpis had been sincere. She said her piece, a warning to her mother and the grieves she had against her. Truth be told, Gaea knew that it was coming, she just hoped that she would sway her daughter in another direction. Clearly, it failed, since Elpis was not forgiving her. Gaea felt tears roll down her cheeks and she tried to communicate with the ducks, enticing them to come closer to her. The ducks resisted her calls, and the more she tried to call them to her, the more they became restless. They ended up flying away from the goddess who realized that for a brief moment, her connection to nature was severed and the presence of her daughter was overwhelming her. She tried to locate her, but it was pointless, as Elpis made sure that she was in tune with the planet, and she was everywhere and nowhere at once. How did she do it? How could she have progressed so much that it became impossible to locate her? Gaea started to sob and curled into a fetal position, wishing that things would get better. Hoping things would be better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment