Thursday, January 5, 2023

Got (modern): First steps

 // Just a little conversation between Viserys and Bäahal. 

xxxx


"Do you still dance?"


The words forced the young woman to lift her head up and look at her older brother. She was in the living room, snuggled on the couch by the fire and with a book in her hands. Her purple hues set upon the pale face of her brother. He pointed at the chair next to her and she nodded quietly, allowing him to sit there, next to her. Her body was still tense, a reaction she couldn't control because of the history between the two. Viserys was motivated by his girlfriend Kyra Lannister. Ever since they started to date, she managed to bring the best out of him. The silver fox wanted to become the best version of himself, to be sober, clear-headed, and good enough to make her happy. She encouraged him to face his demons, and embrace his emotions. Easier said than done, especially since he had buried a lot of painful emotions. The fact she got along well with her brothers motivated him to make amends to his little sister. In a way, Kyra had a hand in helping him fix his relationship with his siblings. 


"I... do. Why?"


"I just noticed that I never really took time to talk to you." -His heart felt a pang as he saw his sister brace herself for a potential outburst of violence from him- "I'd like to change that. I'd like to...I see what you've been trying to do, Büu..."


"You never cared before, Vis. You nev--what happened? I see that you're sober and you've been for months now. I see that you're calmer...You're not hitting me like you used to." -She said, biting back a sob and curling into a ball-


Viserys wasn't proud of himself. As a matter of fact, since he'd been sober, the silver fox had to face the emotions he kept buried deep inside. He had to endure the shame of his past actions, the pain inflicted on others by his hands, and his own pain. One of his biggest regrets had been the way he treated Bäahal. She was just a child, one who had lost her mother and who was thrown into a new family overnight. She never asked to be born, and yet they all treated her as if she was a criminal. Viserys, unlike his other siblings, didn't hold back on Bäahal.  


He lashed out at her, encouraged by his mother, and made her feel as unwelcomed as he could possibly do. He physically hurt her, but the real damage was psychological. He tortured the teenager and gleefully told her that she wouldn't belong to the family and wasn't loved. It worked, Bäahal believed so and he knew that all over her body, she bore the stigmata of his actions.  He confessed to Kyra about his angry outbursts but he never truly explained all that he did. She already had been a witness to his violent streak and he didn't want to give her any more reasons to be afraid of him. 


"You're right. I am sober and because I am, I can see clearly for the first time. I hurt you, pretty badly Bâahal. I am not going to hide behind my age or behind my mother. I was angry at my father for hurting my mother. I was angry because he destroyed everything I knew. I should have directed my anger at him, but it was so much easier to take it on you. I hurt you, Bäahal and I know that I can't make amends for what I did."


"......"


Viserys remained calm but he kept his purple hues on his sister. She was biting at her bottom lip and her eyes were staring at him. She was shaking, the poor thing and the pang in his heart became even stronger. He couldn't expect his sister to embrace him with arms wide open after the violence he unleashed upon her. he looked at his hands and ran his hand over his pale face. Bäahal was studying him. She wanted to see if he was sincere and was looking for anything that could betray him but Viserys wasn't lying. She tucked some hair behind her ear and nodded quietly. 


"I can't ask you to forgive me. It's not something I can ask from you. I can only work hard to win you over."


"Thank you, Vis. I don't know what else to say. I... I need time. I need to make sure that you're not going to hurt me anymore. I have scars... all over my body, of the times you hurt me. I have scars...Here." -She said, hitting her chest before she wiped some fresh tears that had pooled in her eyes.- "Please, give me time."


"..." -He ran his hand through his hair and scratched the back of his head. - "I understand. I will give you the time you need. perhaps, you'd want me to leave?" -She shook her head and leaned her head against the couch.-


"Stay. Please. I...congratulations on being sober." -She said with shifty eyes.- "It's the longest you've been sober and I can only wish that you remain sober for a longer time. I don't know what motivated you to become sober, but I am grateful for it."


"Thank you. I just...had someone with a good influence in my life lately. A good friend." -He picked his words, unwilling to betray his relationship with Kyra. "What about you? You seem to be happier lately as well. I see your pictures in the tabloids. You look good." -She nodded and lowered her head.- "It seems that you're not sad anymore over that Dornish boy."


"You mean... Elias? Oh... I have moved on from him. It was about time don't you think? I have been happier, yes... I mean... It's like a heavy weight was pulled off of my shoulders now that Elias isn't in my mind." -She bit her bottom lip, holding back the true reason for her happiness. She had a best friend and she had a boyfriend. She was at a better place these days but the fact she noticed made her heart flutter.- "Thanks for noticing, Vis. It's....It's good. Just... can we just hang out in silence? I'd like to keep reading my book but I don't want you to leave."


"We can do that."


And they did. 



No comments:

Post a Comment