Thursday, January 5, 2023

GoT (regular) : Beyond the horizon

GoT (regular):  Beyond the horizon


//This is something Bäahal said. 


xxx


"Sister-mine. You requested my presence."


Bäahal was nervous. Daenerys had summoned her to the throne room for a conversation between the two of them. After tap-dancing for weeks since her return to the Red Keep, the silver queen decided that she should at least have a conversation with her sister. Enough time has passed since their first conversation and Daenerys had started to understand that the love between her sister and Jaime Lannister was far more serious and deep than she gave it credit for. Jaime and Jon were about to return to King's Landing and it was necessary for Daenerys to tackle the elephant in the room. The first time went really badly, which prompted Bäahal to lock herself in her room and spend days crying. This Time, thanks to her Hand, Daenerys decided that having a second conversation was warranted. Bäahal's soft purple hues looked at her sister and bit her thumb in anticipation.


"You may relax, Bäahal. I am not angry." -Daenerys started- "I'm going to be straightforward, I would like to talk about Ser Jaime Lannister and you. Do you promise to tell me the truth?" -Bäahal nodded and put both hands on her lap- "Good. First of all, I appreciate your efforts to rekindle our relationship despite the sour turn it took upon your return."


"I shouldn't have brought Ser Jaime to the conversation. You weren't ready to listen to me." -Bäahal was apologetic, Daenerys nodded and gave her a soft but tight smile-


"I wasn't indeed. Ser Jaime killed my father, and regardless of the reasons that had him do that, he still broke his oath. He still killed my father and that death set up the downfall of my family. he's responsible for it whether he wants it or not."


"Sister. I am aware of what Ser Jaime did. You chose to see what it took from you, but you fail to see, what it gave others. Ser Jaime chose to sacrifice one life to save the many. He protected his people--"


"HE SHOULD HAVE PROTECTED MY DAD!" -She yelled. Bäahal swallowed a lump and lowered her head. She held her tongue because if she didn't, she would have insulted her father for the heinous crime he committed against her mother. Daenerys knew the truth of her birth and still, the sting caused by the death of her father was hurting her. - "He should have... He didn't. I am clearly upset at what he did, but it was unfair of me to focus on this. I had the opportunity to meet him, to get to know him, and more importantly to see him in action. I realized he wasn't...He wasn't the man I thought he was. so...Sister, we're going to talk about the future you see for yourselves if I gave you my blessings."


Bäahal moistened her lips and clenched her fists. She held onto the thin fabric of her dress and shifted her eyes from left to right before she looked up at her sister. 


"As you wish, sister." -She tucked her silver locks behind her ear and slowly stared at her sister.- "I am aware that choosing Jaime as my suitor would not be easy on us. Jaime is hated by the people and the great houses. I am still trying to win some of them over on your behalf. There had been a siege, so I assume that it would not be the only assassination attempt on me. I am aware of the risks. It would be the world against us but I swore to the gods, Dany. I swore to the gods that I will always love him. He is the man I chose, the heart I chose and I am willing to fight for us."


"You are passionate. Bäahal. I know you're sincere and I know that you love him deeply." -She sighed and gently grabbed her hands in between hers.- "It is endearing, to see. How can you be sure that he would protect you? Being with him would put you in danger. How can I be sure that he would do anything in his power to protect my beloved sister."- She squeezed her hands tighter.- "I would have burned the whole world if you died at the siege. I cannot be at peace knowing you're in danger anywhere you go."


"You won't lose me, sister. I understand how you feel but I can assure you that Ser Jaime would do his absolute best in order to protect me. If I can tell you something, anything to convince you, then I will tell you that during the Long Night, Jaime Lannister saved me. I was ready to die that night. I wanted to die because I thought that was the right thing to do. I needed to give meaning to my life and for such a long time, I survived because my goal was to set myself free. Once freed, I lost my purpose so I decided to become your blade and die in battle. He snapped me out of it. He told me to live. He lit a fire inside my heart. I survived the Long Night thanks to Jaime Lannister. Back then, he was just a little bit fond of me and didn't want me to die but now that he's in love? now that we are in love with each other? He is willing to die if that means I can survive. You have to trust me, Dany. You have to."


Daenerys looked at her sister and gently rubbed the back of her hand against the soft and wet cheek of her crying sister. Bäahal was a very sensitive woman, despite the years of abuse she suffered, she still managed to keep a soft and loving heart. She still managed to see the future in a positive light. She was someone who felt deeply and couldn't hide the way she felt. So seeing her shed tears for Jaime Lannister and retelling what happened behind the scenes, made her feel a pang in the pit of her stomach.


"I trust you, sister. I just don't want to lose you again. It pains me to see you cry and I want you to be happy. You've been through a lot in your life. You've been in pain, and you've got your heart broken, It is also my duty to protect it. I will talk to Ser Jaime. I will ask him if he's aware of what he is doing. If I give you my blessings, I will entrust him with the most precious treasure I have. I will entrust him with you. Please, dry your tears. Please..."


Bäahal nodded and wiped her tears with the back of her hand; She leaned her cheek against the warm palm of her sister's hand and gently sobbed. It would take a moment before the young woman would stop crying but the tension had left the room and the sisters were finally bonding again.


-TBC-

No comments:

Post a Comment