Sunday, August 13, 2023

Doya: This is 40 + short

 Sarah often calls Oya because she needs to vent a little bit. Returning to the hunting life had not happened without bumps on the way and Sarah was starting to feel overwhelmed with everything. 


It took a while for her to rekindle this life and a lot of mental struggle about taking the decision to ruin the innocence of her children and to force her sweet husband into a life he had not asked for. 


So she was filled with doubt and needed her friend's reassurance from time to time. Could she forgive herself if she lost a family member? could she forgive herself if she was done for by a monster and left her family behind? Oya didn't have the answers Sarah needed to hear, but she understood and she comforted her. 


xxxx


This is 40. I never thought that I could make it to 40 yet here I am. I'm healing, at long last. I found a family of my own, people who genuinely love me for me and who want to be around me. I...forged unbreakable bonds with people who have my back and will move mountains to save me or help me. 


This is 40, and I'm getting older for the job I'm doing. I survived a lot of my peers and you know what? I feel good about it. I feel good about the path I walked and the progress I made. I'm 40. I'm married. I'm fucking happy! Of course, I know, Not every day will be a good one. I know... but I also know that I can face anything as long as the people I love are there. 


This is 40!

and I'm still living! 

I am finally living.


xxx


Not everything needs to be doom and gloom, however, for Oya, the leather jacket and black pants/denim jeans combo is the best one to go kick some ass. 

She's a short ass-kicking machine and one who had to be taken seriously. She was well-versed in the use of guns, and knives, but also some African martial arts, and loves to get her hands dirty in a fight.


xxxx

"I don't believe in Chuck. I used to. I even believed in Angels but not anymore. 

Their silence was enough to dry my faith away.

His absence was enough to break my heart. 

Meeting Chuck and seeing the truth about him was enough to make me an unbeliever.

Yet, I believe. 

I believe in us. 

I believe in the right to choose for ourselves. 

I believe in the good that still exists in human beings.

I believe in Team Free Will. 

I believe..."


No comments:

Post a Comment