Sunday, August 13, 2023

the boys: Dotty and Sara (finding about the relationship)

 "Are you telling me you're dating the most powerful man in the whole world on the down low? I don't care if you don't want the world to know! WHY didn't you tell ME, baby?" -Dotty was upset, how could Sara hide such big news from her?-


"It's... it's complicated Dot! It's not against you! It's not against you! I just needed time to sort things out, to be sure, to have it for myself."


"To have what for yourself? Don't I have your best interest at heart? I was always here for you. I was always here for you and you backstab me!"


Sara ran her hand over her face and took a deep breath. That was the reason she didn't want to tell her manager that she was seeing Homelander.  Dotty wanted to get her hands on every aspect of her life and while Sara was grateful the older woman protected her, she also wanted to be free and to make her own choices. Dotty would have known, she would have been the first to know, but Sara wanted that little moment, that honeymoon phase where the world was not aware of her life and it was only Homelander and her. 


"Dot...You're exhausting. You know that? You're exhausting. I know you! I know how you feel and how you think! As soon as I told you I was seeing him, you were already planning the rest of our PR campaign. You will work tirelessly to become our PR manager and to turn us into the biggest item to ever be."


"And what's wrong with that?" The blonde asked, lifting a brow at her question. Sara shrugged and massaged the back of her neck. "You don't trust me?"


"I do..."


"Then what is your fucking problem?"


"Your safety. Homelander isn't exactly the most loved person on Earth. He has a whole squad against him. I don't want you to be caught in the crossfire. So... You know the truth, for the time being, please keep it to yourself."


Dotty pursed her lips but decided to indulge her protegee's request. She would have to think about it and know how to handle the situation. For now, she didn't want her protegee to be upset and mess up her concert. 




No comments:

Post a Comment