Thursday, January 18, 2024

COLBY: sometimes in the middle of the night.

Sometimes in the middle of the night, you wake up and go to your office. I woke up shortly after because there was a shift in the bed and I woke up to an empty bed. I know where to find you, well, most of the time. I wake up, wrap some bathrobe around my frame, and slip into my slippers. I go to the kitchen and pour us some coffee before I walk to your office. Here you are, focused on your papers, fully awake and going. I'm still sleepy but I can see the faint smile and the nod you give me when I put your cup of coffee on your desk, near you.  I don't know what you're working on, I never ask about it, but I know a worried man when I see one. So I run my fingers through your hair and I plant a kiss on your forehead. You take a break and you wrap your arms around my waist, pulling me closer to you. "You should be going back to bed." you always tell me and I nod and whisper back "Maybe you should join me there, then?" But you chuckle and shake your head. "I have work to do." and I shrug and press another kiss on your head. "Well, maybe this time, I could watch my beautiful man work? I promise I won't make a sound. I'll just sit on the chair across your desk and will be as quiet as a mouse." I don't need to convince you because you nod and release my waist. I usually sit and drink my coffee, staring at you and smiling at you while you work. I love you. I love you so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment