Thursday, January 4, 2024

TB: On top of the world

 // Sara just wanted to speak.so I let her speak.


xxxxxx


"This year we'll be working on your new album.  I've already arranged for you not to have a lot of business obligations. A couple public apparitions, one show, a few commercials and several photoshoots are already booked for this year. The rest of the time is free. Roughly 8 months dedicated to the writing and recording of your new songs."

Sara tilted her head to the side, and her silky black locks fell onto her lap as she was sitting on the couch of her living room. She had put her phone on her lap and was scrolling over her screen. Her eyes closed for a brief moment before she took a deep breath. After an international tour, she was finally able to rest for a couple of months and work on a new album. She wasn't sure about finding inspiration. For years she sang about unrequited love, desperation, self-love and sex. For years she took inspiration from her own experiences and disappointment but eversince she met Homelander, something has changed.  She fell in love with him, and she wanted to talk about it in her next album. About falling in love very fast, about finding one's true love after so many error and trials. She didn't want to sing about heartbreak but wasn't sure about the new direction of her album. Would Dotty approve of such a drastic change? 


"Alright..." -She looked up to Dotty who was sitting in front of her. Her legs were crossed and she was wearing her reading glasses while going through her emails- " I want to sing about love, true love. I want to talk about sex with meaning this time. Sex with someone you love. I... want to talk about my past experiences... Tara and Brett. Is it...a good idea?"


"You what?" -Dotty put the iPad on her lap and furrowed her brows. Sara pinched her lips together and tucked some hair behind her ear.- "I mean... yeah, you can write about anything you want to. How about...we try with the song about Tara? Make it a demo and release it to the public? See what they think about it?"


"Uh....Yeah... We can do it." She looked down at her phone again and chewed at her bottom lip. "I thought you would be against it. That it would be taking risks for my career.." She questioned in a mumble. 


"It's alright Sara. I love your ballads. I'm just wondering, why the change, so suddenly? Are you seeing someone?" -Sara blushed and chewed at her inner cheek.- 


She wanted to tell Dotty about her new romantic relationship but decided against because it was best for Homelander and her to explore this relationship on their own. There was too much that John had not experienced and he had yet to discover, she couldn't expose him to the torments of living a public life. not until he's mastered having a second identity, something separate from the  Homelander. 


"Uh??... Oh no no... I've just been thinking about my past relationships and I think I want something different from these. I've learned my lessons and I know that I deserve to be happy and to be loved by someone who genuinely cares for me.  I also need to tell my story, tell the world how much I have suffered at the hands of my exes... but without being too upfront about it. It's a new year. I want to fall in love." She grinned and yanked her head back. Her black eyes stared at  the ceiling of her place and she sighed deeply.  


"Oh you certainly do deserve to be loved. I've been in your life for 7 years and I know, I saw...You seem to be doing much better these days, happier and whatever it is, I hope you'll keep having it in your life, just so we're sure, it's not a new dildo is it? Because if it is, give me the name so I could go buy my own."


Sara laughed. It was a hysterical laughter as she had not suspected her manager to speak so crudely. She wasn't a teenager anymore and over the years spent together, Dotty was talking to her as if she was an adult and a friend rather than a daughter to raise. It was pleasant and validating and the hearty laugh Sara let out made Dotty chuckle. It felt good to see Sara so happy and free. It felt good to watch her be on top of the world. 


-TBC-

No comments:

Post a Comment