Thursday, August 23, 2018

Chronicles of Lux and Tenebrae: Epilogue 1: Supernova

Chronicles of Lux and Tenebrae: Epilogue 1: Supernova

A/ N: Epilogue 1, from Lux POV.

Xxxxxxx 

The Queen is dead, Long live the Queen! I can still hear the clamor of the crowd as I stepped forward and was crowned the new queen of the Realm of all Beginnings. I made sure that they all knew the sacrificing mother had made for their sake as well as Death's sacrifice too. I made sure to tell the story as Tenebrae and I have experienced and while it was painful to open up to the World, it felt liberating for Tenebrae and me to stand into the light and embrace our new life. I was the queen now, bestowed by my mother of the power to rule her world and ensure the carefully crafted cycle of life and death. I promised myself that I wouldn't let her down and would ensure peace and continuity in all existence. The queen is dead, technically speaking, Mother isn't. It took me a while to overcome my grief. I couldn't spend a day without crying because my mother wasn't here with me anymore. I have already lost my brothers, who I know are safe in the End realm. I am lucky enough to be able to talk to them and tell them about life up at home.

I am lucky enough to be able to see and touch them because I can't visit mother. Tenebrae and I agreed that in order to protect their secret location, we wouldn't visit them. Besides, after being unable to stay together for millennia, maybe now was the time to leave them at peace. They were after all, forever holding hand and staring at each other while ensuring the safety of the universe. They were together at long last, so why would we disturb this fragile balance? What would mother say if I were weak enough to come to her statue and whine and cry about how much I miss her guidance? I have gone past the need for her advice, I have gone past living in her shadow. Long live the queen! My old self is in the past now, the princess I mean. I was a strong soul, a powerful warrior, a dedicated daughter who was broken by my mother's enemies. My death traumatized me and not being able to remember Tenebrae, while his face was familiar didn't help. Regaining those memories only to learn that two of my brothers were dead didn't help and everything went too fast for me to digest.

Well, now I have. I have made peace with how things were and I have made peace with how things are. I am the queen. I am the leader of my people and for what it's worth, I am with Tenebrae. We've come a long way from hiding our relationship to openly living it. He came a long way from feeling like an outcast to truly being his own self. He worked hard, for his people to respect and love him. He opened up, aided by my presence, encouraged by our love and softened up to his own people. He finally was able to show them what I have always seen in him. He was Tenebrae, without restraint, self-doubt, and shackles. He was the one I fell in love with. He was the king. When I was in danger, he stepped up. When we fought against our enemies, he stepped up. His bravery shone through during trying times, but his love, his love blossomed. I love him, I love him so much. Please, Tenebrae, my love, now that we are finally free and reached the sky, maybe it's time for us to go supernova.




-Ending-

No comments:

Post a Comment