Sunday, August 12, 2018

Chronicles of Lux and Tenebrae: Starlight

Chronicles of Lux and Tenebrae: Starlight

A/ N: My poor babes. Tenebrae's having a moment of doubt. He knows things will get ugly very soon and he is at one inch to lose his shit and maybe, maybe Lux when he does get there. (as if he could ever lose her)

xxxxxxx

I am the son of Death, the void incarnate. I am Tenebrae, the prince of Darkness, the God without fears, and yet I am afraid. I am afraid of what comes next. The Realm of All Beginnings is a very strange place. They all look at me as if I was a hero and I have yet to get used to their faces full of gratitude and relief. Not even my own subjects look at me the same way. They are afraid of me. They would talk sweet talk, plaster fake smiles on their faces when I would be near because they would not want to disappear into the void, should I feel angry. My own people...They are right to be afraid of me, I have tremendous power after all. I am so powerful that if I really trained and wanted to, I could swallow Eternals and keep them inside of me. I could make them disappear into the void. Even I wouldn't want to stay with me.

I am the son of Death, the void incarnate. I am Tenebrae, the Prince of Darkness, the unloved one. and yet, here she was again, as beautiful as I remember her. I find myself stunned by her beauty, inspired by her strength, amazed by her courage. Even when she was powerless and couldn't remember anything, she was able to protect me. She put her life in line for me, in a heartbeat, without even thinking. I was reminded just how grand Lux was. How selfless she was despite fear crippling her heart. Here she was again, in her full glory, still loving me. And I am afraid. I am afraid of losing her again. I was desperate when I heard that she had died, centuries ago. She was my starlight, the only soul to have ever loved me. She was the only one to trust me with her life and to believe I could be more than just the son of Death. I died when she did, I became obsessed with revenge because I have lost my drive. I want to tell her I wasn't as strong as I wish I was. I want to tell her that I couldn't keep my anger in check, that loneliness was devouring me. I want to tell her that I was driven mad by her absence and I wasn't the man she thought I was. I was weak. I was lonely. I was broken. 


I am the son of Death, the void incarnate. I am Tenebrae, the Prince of Darkness, the untamed one. Yet, she brought me to my knees. My beloved goddess of Light. She made a man out of me, a creature capable of feelings. She made me want to be the best version of me, a better prince, a better son. Her compassion and love guided me and still do. Her affection drove me and still does. We are one. I have never felt this whole before she came into my life. I have never felt like myself before I met her. I have never felt this strongly about someone, nor did I feel the urge to protect them and make sure they were happy. She made me see my existence as something more than an eternal state of penance. I discovered joy, warmth, a desire to see Tomorrow come. I discovered a side of me I thought never existed, she revealed it to the light. How could I live up to her expectations? I see her love in her eyes and I see how much she cares for me. I hear in her voice how much she believes in me, even now, even after I lashed out. How could I live up to her expectations? How could I not be who I am? How could I not hurt her some days? Prophecies say we are the Alpha and the Omega and we are destined to be together, I'm supposed to make her happy and when I look at her, this is what I see... And yet, yet...It could all change with a flick of my finger...So I am afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment