Friday, August 17, 2018

elpis: poison

"Pride. Pride is my poison. From the moment we met, I knew my destiny would be entwined with his. I knew it would because I chose it. Pride was the first and only thing I had the luxury to choose. Loving him that is. I could have had a different life if I had chosen differently. I could have been an oblivious goddess today, manipulated by my siblings to do their bidding. I could have been dead by now, killed once Pride and his siblings would have come for my pantheon. I could have...I cannot imagine how life would have been if I had not chosen him.

My poison is Pride. Pride's fits of anger, pride's moods, pride's possessivity and  Pride's affection...no... attention. I want to catch it. I want to hold it. I want him to see me and it hurts since he doesn't. I am nothing but a distant memory for him, a relic of his past he brought back to right a wrong that was done to him. for now. That is who I am, for now.

Rediscovering him proves harder than I thought it would be but he's the same at his core. That, I can understand. That, I can handle.  Because I fell in love with his core, with the Sin who thought he was empty. With the sin who thought he couldn't feel. With the Sin who felt cold.

He is my poison...And I would die for him if I have to. And I would let him kill me if I have to if that allows him to fully be...I would."

No comments:

Post a Comment