Thursday, August 16, 2018

Pride and Elpis: I hope you will see me

« A long time ago, I used to call you my king without a crown. Hades was still in charge of the Underworld, he was still using you as a pawn like he did the rest of your brothers but even back then, I knew you were destined to be a King. I knew you were meant to be more than the gods, more than what they wanted to make of you. The gods saw you as a weapon, a « thing » they shouldn't bother with. They underestimated you, and they still do to this day because they still believe you are unable to feel or think for that matter. I have always hated the way they dehumanized you, I fought teeth and nails to make my siblings respect you but it was in vain. It didn't matter because I loved you back then. I knew a side of you they didn't, I knew you were your own person and I fell in love with that person. A long time ago was a long time ago. Everything changed from the moment I was cursed. You are now a King with a crown, the ruler of the Underworld. You also are not the Pride I used to know and there are days I get frustrated with you because of that. I am upset because of what Hades did to you. He made you suffer to break your spirit so you would remain a useful tool to him. He unmade you and I cannot forgive him for this. He turned you upside down but, like the others, he forgot something. At your core, you are still you and no matter how many times he would start over, he couldn't get rid of your core. I look at you, flustered, angry, worried about what I will find once our eyes would meet. I see your anger and your pain. I see your desire to avenge yourself, I know that you don't see me just yet, but I hope you will. That's all I can do, right? That's who I am. The goddess of Light and Hope... »

No comments:

Post a Comment