Saturday, August 18, 2018

Chronicles of Lux and Tenebrae: Fate

A/N: Last time we had Tenebrae, now we have his father. Death. Tackling their reconciliation through Death's POV and a monologue.

xxxx

"Tenebrae, my son. I wasn't a very good father. I now realize that my inability to connect with my only son left a bitter taste in my mouth. Instead of sheltering you by distancing myself from you, I should have given you more love. I should have been there, by your side, and let you know how proud I am as a father. You came to me earlier, claiming that you understood my affection for Life. That, because of your own romance with her daughter, Lux, you could understand me better. That you and I are alike. This is, dare I say, kind of you to think of me as your equal but in truth, you have surpassed me.

Yes, my son, you have surpassed me. I was nothing but a tool at the hands of our common enemy. Nothing but a means to an end. A monster with a single purpose. I became something more when I met Life. She gave me the strength to become my own person. My own god. I had a better mission, a mission that complemented the work she was doing on Earth rather than bring destruction. I, Death, became part of a cycle that is essential to every living being on Earth. I broke free of my chains but you my son... you were born free. You always had the choice to become who you wanted to be.



I didn't want to influence you the way my maker did influence me. I wanted you to determine for and by yourself the life you wanted to lead. In doing so, I appeared cold and unloving while it couldn't be further from the truth. I watched you as you grew older and more powerful. I watched as you discovered your powers. I also watched as you met Lux and the two of you formed a relationship that was forbidden by our elder, Time. Here you are today, my little Chaos...The void incarnate. A capable ruler of the End Realm. A capable king. Ah! Aren't we running out of time? I guess this is how someone ready to meet their end would react. Don't cry for me Tenebrae, Be proud. My time will come for I will not survive the fight. If we want to defeat Time, we would need to sacrifice more than you can ever think of. So, yes, this are farewells. Raise your chin, my son, for you will replace me as the ruler of the End Realm. Raise your chin, my son, for you will make your father proud."

No comments:

Post a Comment