Friday, August 24, 2018

Chronicles of Lux and Tenebrae: Epilogue 2: All Hail the King!

Chronicles of Lux and Tenebrae: Epilogue 2: All Hail the King!

A/ N: Epilogue 2, from Tenebrae's POV.

Xxxxxxx

All Hail the King! I can still hear the voices of my people as they celebrated me. Those who, not so long ago would run away from me and call me a monster where now cheering for me. I owe it to Lux who paved the way for me when we returned to her realm. She so bravely explained what happened and why their queen would not return to the realm with such a passion and love that I ought to do the same for my father. My father was a complicated man. He didn't know how to open to anyone who wasn't Life. I understand that now. He had loved me from the very first day of my conception. He wanted me to become strong and understand my power so I wouldn't hurt anyone with it. He just never told me he loved me. I wondered as Lux explained to the masses what went down with Time if I wasn't too harsh with my old man. Was it selfish of me to want a dad instead of a father? I wanted someone to care for me like Life cared for Lux. I wanted someone in my life, who would tell me bedtime stories, who would teach me how to use my powers, who would tell me about Love after I met Lux. I wanted it to be him and not the harpies but they were my dad when my father wasn't one. Was it selfish of me to want my father not to sacrifice himself in his fight against Time? I realized he loved me, we mended some of our broken bonds when we talked previous to the battle but I felt it wasn't enough. He got away too easily. He got away too easily.



All Hail the king! I can still see the joyful face of my beloved as she looked at me while the crowd was cheering. She had helped me grow over the millennia. She was the first to accept me as I was, without artifices, and disguise. She wasn't scared of my power, let alone of my temper. She truly filled the void that existed in my heart and from the moment we saw each other, I knew deep down that I wanted to be with her. She glowed like the sun, like the Light I have been so desperate to have in my life. She glowed like a beacon, a beacon of Hope in this deserted land that was my heart. I lived the moment I loved her. To have her by my side, as I was crowned king of the End realm truly was a blessing for me. I held her hand as we walked towards my chambers. I know there are challenges waiting ahead of us. Time might have been our biggest enemy, he essentially was our parents. As the new ruler of both realms, it wouldn't surprise me if we made enemies along the way. I am confident that with my beloved by my side, we would be unbeatable and we would continue what our parents before us had accomplished. I do not feel the weight of my responsibilities as she is by my side. I know I can be the best version of me because she showed me I could. Together there is nothing we can't do. After all, we're the Alpha and the Omega, aren't we? As we are now alone in my room and I can feel her warm hands' cup face, I lean into her touch. I relish her love as she pressed her forehead against mine. Hail Hail the King...

No comments:

Post a Comment