Thursday, August 9, 2018

Doya: I walk the walk with you

And I knew from the moment I looked into your eyes that you will always protect me the way I will always protect you. I saw on the very first day we met that you would give everything to those you love, your family. I guess that pulled me in.

However, I knew of your tendencies to carry too much weight on your shoulders. I knew of your tendencies to want to save the world on your own and somehow the fear of losing you stayed at the back of my head. I knew that if I wasn't looking after you, then you'd disappear for good and I couldn't let that happen. I could not lose you after you made me feel alive again. You know I love team free will. I got to know all three of you and love each one of you. You guys gave me something I never knew I'd have again: love. I had a purpose before I met you, but you made me feel more grounded...more anchored to this new life. You made me feel.. You know I love team free will, don't you Dean?

Like I said, each of you gave me something and I very much cherish what you gave me. I am looking forward to spending time with you, hunt with you, sleep next to you. I am anticipating our mornings because I knew you would be there, you will cook me some yummy breakfast and we'd talk about the next case to take. I like this routine. I very much love it.  And because I do, I have to protect you too. Take some of the weight off of your shoulders. You taught me it was okay to walk in the shadows as long as there was someone to help you walk through it, so I'm holding yours and you're holding mine.

Funny isn't it? That I feel this sudden urge to protect you and make you feel alright. I know how it is when we think we're not worth a second glance and we shatter everything we hold. I know how it is when we aimlessly walk and we don't know what to do. I know how it is when we think we destroy everything we touch including the hearts of those who dare come close. I know it's not true. I know it's not true. You touched my heart and here I am still. Always...forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment