Thursday, August 16, 2018

got: Bäahal on Jaime

« When people look at Lord Jaime they see an Oathbreaker. They see a man who doesn't keep his promise. They see a degenerate who fell in love with the wrong person. They would blame him for fucking Cersei, for being wrapped around her finger like a lovesick puppy. They would blame him for killing our father as if they really cared when we both know their hatred is towards his family name. How easy it is to hate Lord Jaime! Yet, I can't see Lord Jaime as my enemy, I simply can't! You know how much I value honesty and how rare I think we find it in people of his sex. I suspected he would be a man of honour when we first met him at Dragonspit. And I was proven right later on. When I look at Lord Jaime, I see a man of honour. He is a man with a sharp tongue and the heart in the right place. I know he's devoted to his family, in his own way he would care for them like he did care for Lord Tyrion, Lady Kyra and even his monster of a sister Cersei. A man who loves cannot be a monster, now can he? He's a man of duty and would carry it to the end even if that means he would damage his reputation or lose his life. People see him as an Oathbreaker, but I see him as a hero. People see him as a degenerate, but I see a loving man, a faithful man, a man capable of going to Hell and back for the ones he cares about, He gave everything to Cersei, still does and while this love is twisted because of her, I believe that if she was like you, Dany, he would have been the happiest man alive. I envy his ability to unconditionally love the way he does. I admire it. Just like I admire your ability to give that heart of yours to Jon despite everything you've been through. I can't hate Lord Jaime and I find myself silly for wishing we do not meet on the battlefield so I wouldn't have to kill him. »

No comments:

Post a Comment