Sunday, August 19, 2018

GoT: baahal galore

I knew from the moment I watched them stare at each other that something new was about to come. It was tiny, small touches here and there, but it became stronger over time. She trusts him, in ways I wasn't sure she ever could. I have never seen my sister this vulnerable near someone and yet still strong. She allows him to see the truth in her heart, the pain, the anger, and Hope. She allows him to see her for who she really was. Not a queen but a woman.

I witnessed as he stared at her, marveling at her beauty and like I told him, drawn to her flame as, Daenerys so often did with those surrounding her. He was drawn to her, and unlike most would say, it wasn't because of her power or her title. it wasn't because of her odd features or the rich History of her family. It was because he saw Dany, without artifices, without the smoke screen that was the reputation that preceded her. He saw her for who she was and he fell for her.

What do I know about Love if not the stories my mother told me when I was little? What do I know about Love, if not my brethren in shackles, finding peace and strength in their hearts to love another? I can tell what Love is even though I've never felt it myself. I love them both, strongly. They are the family I never knew I had until recently and they are shaping my life, step by step, little by little while shaping theirs.

xxx

"I want to be remembered when I exhale for the last time. I want my name to cross the lips of those who knew me. I want the world to know I existed and my mother didn't die in vain. I want the world to know I reclaimed my name and together with my sister, gave it a new meaning. So please, seven gods, have mercy on me."

xx

In the upcoming war against Cersei, while everyone is thinking of strategies to undo the fake queen, my heart and mind are focused on what comes next. When we win and all is said and done, what are we going to do with them? What are we going to write about them? I wouldn't want the legacy of Lord Jaime to be that of an Oathbreaker. I want them to remember him as a man of his word who loved his people so much he lost everything for them. I wouldn't want Lady Kyra killed. I would like her to be protected, even if that meant I would have to ensure her safety personally. She's an innocent in this war, and I wouldn't want her to be a casualty. I am conflicted but I am glad to be, at least, that means I am not like my father. I am not heartless.

xxx

"I will remember you."

He left her speechless when he said those words. What was supposed to be a level-headed banter quickly turned into a serious conversation about the issue fo the war against Cersei. Bäahal knew Jaime and her were on opposite sides. It didn't matter that they fought together against the Night King. It didn't matter that for a brief moment, they were on the same side. It only was a truce, it was never meant to last forever. Cersei already broke her word when she didn't send her men to fight against the white walkers. She reminded everyone of her antagonistic position in the unfolding history, something that not even Jaime could defend. He wouldn't defend her choice, he would not approve of it, but he would be caught dead if he didn't fight for her. Bäahal had come to know Jaime, a side of him that required a patient and careful eye to notice. He was rough, yes, brutal in the way he spoke and the truths he spat. He was a raw diamond, with edges still sharp so you would cut yourself trying to hold onto him. He was in love, devoted, blinded by his affection for Cersei...Dependent maybe. It frustrated the princess who wanted for him to choose something different; He did so well following his own guts when he honored his word that returning to the fake queen was difficult to understand for the one who never fell in love. She couldn't possibly understand why it was so hard to move forward, let alone ignore the one your heart beats for.

"I will remember you."

It was just a meaningless conversation, Bäahal trying to compliment the knight of his good looks. It was nothing really, but she did notice his features and for the first time in her life, felt a little pinch in that heart of hers. She acknowledged his beauty and really found a man attractive. It was just a meaningless conversation, Bäahal trying to muse about what would be said about the losers. She told him she would remember him the way History wouldn't. Like a man of honor and a man who cared. He would be the Unsung Hero of Robert's Rebellion. After all, he sacrificed everything to protect his people and rid the world of Aerys II. It was a given, he would have left a print on History and legends would be told about him. He impacted on her as well, but Jaime wouldn't know this. She wouldn't tell him. His words broke the shield she held against her, forced her to see the truth, pushed her into Life without a warning. An awakening. He was responsible for hers. She would remember. When he said those words, however, the princess felt her cheeks turn red. She felt her heart soar in her ribcage and couldn't contain her smile. Even now, as she walks the empty halls of the castle of Winterfell, her mind is filled with this simple yet gentle sentence exchanged by two warriors devoted to their families. He would remember her and just like this,  she felt that her life would have meant something.

-TBC-

xx

"They called me the Sun of Astapor, gravitating around me like planets around the star. They wanted me for my hair, for my eyes and sometimes for the stark contrast with my skin. They believed I would be just like the sun, always present, always used for somebody else's benefit. They thought they were clever and tried to make puns using my history, regardless of how it really happened. They didn't realize that, like the sun, I could burn. They didn't realize that, like the sun, I was cruel and could care less about their feelings. They didn't realize that, if they got a little too close, they would melt into nothingness. I no longer would entertain them, and no longer belong to anyone but myself. Like the sun, I would stand alone. Like the Sun, I will devour all."

No comments:

Post a Comment