Monday, September 18, 2023

A vintage's touch: Loving a shelby

"Loving a Shelby is not an easy feat." 

Sure sure, I have heard this song before. I have lived this story before. It's been a decade, Polly. If I didn't want this life, I would have left a while ago. I know the dangers. I know the pain that comes with loving a man like him. I'm not afraid, not for me. I am afraid for him, and Charlie, and the whole family. I'm afraid that something bad will happen to them, that Charlie will grow up without a father.... That I would lose one of you. I'm still reeling from John's death, you know? I'm still upset and worried for Arthur because he's gambling with his life.  I just want to have a life, just a life... with him. that's all I want. And trust me, Polly, He is who I want. You asked me once if I felt that I had the strength needed to be treated like a Shelby. I think I have proved to you enough that I definitely did.  

No comments:

Post a Comment