Thursday, December 21, 2023

Doya: Last Christmas

"Last Christmas, I was lucky enough to spend it on the road with Dean. We worked on a case, which seemed to be an easy one until we got there. I think we've been blindsided by the "easy" nature of werewolves and didn't anticipate a little alliance of some sort between a vampire and a werewolf.  I didn't even know that these monsters could... fall in love outside of their... kind. Wow.. I sound very bigoted. It taught me a lesson, never to assume anything about anyone. After all, I almost got killed by a superpowered pagan god. We had a good time, Dean and I, and I honestly couldn't have asked for anything better. Last Christmas, I also got a call from my childhood friend Sarah Thomas (really, a sister at that point). We discussed the holidays and how she was feeling since the passing of her father, the injuries of her brother, and what it meant to be a mother and a hunter at the same time. She was a mess last time. She was still reeling from the near-death of Joshua (the brother) and still upset about leaving the hunting life behind and not having been able to help her brother. I understood how she felt, I really did. 


Still... We counted our blessings. Joshua wasn't dead. She rekindled her connection with the supernatural world and took her weapons back. She taught her children and husband about it to prepare them to the best of her abilities and things seemed to be well on track. What I forgot to think about was the impact Joshua's injuries would have on both of us. Joshua lost the use of his legs due to extensive injuries he sustained during his last case. That took him out of the field but he still managed to find ways to help. He's still a hunter so I guess, Life always finds a way. I decided to live my life even harder, you know? I am not saying I would end up like my good friend Joshua, but perhaps if I am not careful, I would have to face hardships I didn't even think about. I would need to be strong. This Christmas,  I think I want to celebrate it with team Free Will. It's been a while since we've been together for the holidays and there is so much I want to do. So, I'll try and see how I can make it happen. Wish me luck!"

No comments:

Post a Comment