Friday, December 8, 2023

GoT: "I prayed to the seven gods."

"I prayed to the Seven gods, Old and New for a new life. I prayed day and night for the opportunity to escape the life I was forced into.  I'm a princess now. I am a free woman. yet, my nights are sometimes plagued with nightmares. My former master...would appear to me and would talk to me in my dreams. He would laugh at me for claiming to be free. He would laugh at me for claiming I had found true love. He would laugh at me for thinking of myself as more than an asset to my sister.  I know the gods are telling me that I haven't dealt with the pain I went through. I haven't healed and I think that part of me is terrified of going back there. 


I haven't told anyone about these nightmares because I do not know how to voice my concerns. I don't know how to explain the fear in the pit of my stomach. I don't know....what to do if not take it one day at a time and pray to the gods so they can guide me through this. Am I a princess? Am I a slave? Would the good people of Westeros or the old noble houses would only see my past while looking at me or am I not a testament of a strong will?  Why do I care? I know Ser Tyrion would have asked me this question and the answer would be: "I do not want to be reduced to what had happened to me in the past. I want people to see how resilient I am. I want people to see that I have endured and fought hard not to be broken. I want them to see how brave the people who loved me were..." But deep down... I am still wounded. I am still hurt. I am still afraid.  

No comments:

Post a Comment