Thursday, December 14, 2023

The end of 2023

The end of 2023



 How to define 2023?




As usual, the wonderful art (and tradition) by the wonderful artist Lelia.  I fell in love with her art in 2011 and as soon as she started this tradition, I just embraced it all together :D  With this, of course, I always attached a little reflection on the year that passed and wishes for the year to come. 




Complex. Intense. Fulfilling...




I will start by wishing you the best holiday season to all of you.  I know that the year has been quite intense for some of you, quite fulfilling for others, and quite exciting as well. I can only hope that 2024 would sort things out in a positive way. I can only hope that you will keep on exploring and experimenting. I can only hope that you will keep on taking care of yourselves, your needs, your dreams, and your desires and for those who couldn't rest this year, I can wish you all the rest possible. I know it's a bit cheesy, but I really want you to have a better 2024, far better than 2023, and be much happier. 



Late 2021 my father was diagnosed with a kidney cancer. My sisters and I managed to make him travel to France in order to have his tumor taken care of. Late 2021 -all of 2022 and the beginning of 2023 have been draining. My dad almost died several times, we were under pressure, my anxiety and depression were through the roof. Things were bleak for me, truly they were. Being the primary caretaker of my dad took its toll on my family. I lost my friend Colleen to cancer as well and it took me about a year to finally accept that she was gone and we would never write to each other anymore.  Then late 2022, we learned that my twin sister had cancer as well. I honestly thought that my world was crumbling. It took me a while, and a lot of support from family, friends, my therapist and Antoine in order to keep me standing because I was overwhelmed with everything but I still pulled up for my dad and twin. I still did my best to help them. 



The year had not just been challenging. I count my blessings because I was able to have a very intense and positive year at a very personal level. I am still deeply in love with my partner. He is so awesome, such a great friend, a darling, a funny guy who always makes me laugh. We have a lot of fun together and we've traveled a lot this year. I've been to Japan! I've been to Pragues, in the UK and I've been able to discover new places and meet new people (and old friends). I'm so happy about my book because the editing is still going well :D I was able to strengthen my friendships and end those that were toxic to me, and this year I saw the benefits of surroundering myself with people who only want the best for me. Thank you darlings. Thank you so much for everything. I felt privileged to share my friends' important moments and to be a friend to them to my best abilities.  I was able to meet new people, broaden my cycle of friends, to grow more comfortable in my skin. I still continue my therapy, still, take care of my mental health and still fuel my creativity.  



It's been a really good year and I really loved it. I can only wish that the year to come, would top it off or be even better. 




I really hope that you will have a wonderful end of the year and that 20234would treat you better. 




May

No comments:

Post a Comment