Sunday, June 25, 2017

Chronicles of the primeval gods : Tears of a mother -Gaea Soliloquy-

A/N: All the usual disclaimer! this Gaea belongs to me

xxx

« My child, my beautiful child.

I do not know where you are. I do not know how you feel but I certainly know how much you're in pain. I have felt it when Ishtar stabbed you. I have felt your essence in great turmoil and I found myself powerless at helping you. I couldn't save you from Ishtar and Ayasha and I blame myself for not having seen it coming. I should have known, Ayasha was always so full of ambition and she understood very fast, how powerful information could be. She knew everything and she could use it against everyone. I should have known better but I was blinded by my trust in all of my children. They sacrificed your life because you found something beautiful. You fell in love.

I welcomed all type of life, for I was at the origin of it. Primeval gods, New gods, humans, and even the sins are somehow an extension of myself. I was less worried about the war between Sins and gods than I was happy to see that my latest born found love. He made you happy, he made you mature. I have noticed it while others were too blinded by their own feelings about you. I saw you became a woman in front of my very loving eyes but I wasn't there when you were betrayed and stabbed. I wasn't there when you spent millennia trapped within humans. What a cruel punishment you had, all of this because you fell in love. I was gravely mistaken to think that it would stop with you being cursed.


A war broke between my children for there were those who sided with you and thought your love for the sin could be our salvation and others who were convinced that Isthar did the right thing and prevented our extinction. They killed each other and each passing time, I could feel the death of my children. Oh my darling, it was so much, too much for me to endure so I left our realm. I left and fled to Earth in order to find you. I still remembered you and I searched and searched the Earth in hope to find you until I stopped searching because the curse got to me. I forgot about you. I remained on Earth after your brother killed your father and became the new All-Father. I couldn't return to what once was our home. I decided to stay neutral and not take part of anything involving our family as long as mankind was safe.

Yes, Mankind. My creation. I realized how powerless I was at stopping them betraying you or their father. I realized that maybe my rôle wasn't to prevent anything from happening but merely witness it. So I remained neutral and let life unfold before me. They couldn't murder me, so they spared me which was fine because I survived long enough to remember you when you scratched the seal. Oh, Elpis. I am weeping for your plight. I am so sorry for what happened to you. I am sorry for the loss of your siblings as well. Do you think I didn't feel it when they killed my sweet Khrön or when they killed my first born, Sitaa? Do you think I didn't weep for them? I was distraught just like I always am when my children are being murdered but I remained neutral because that is how I am supposed to be.

All I ever wanted, was for you to be happy my daughter. I wanted you to experience life like humans do and are the happiest creature I have ever made. I am sorry they brought you into this world of darkness and sadness and I know that when you are free, you would want me to side with you and I can't. I am their mother as well as yours. They are my children, misguided creature who took wrong decisions and hurt so many souls in the process. They are still my children and I love them despite their flaws. I am aware you would want to avenge yourself and I won't stop you. You do as you must, you live the life I gave you as you wish to. I just hope you will be happy, this is my only demand as your mother.

Be happy Elpis.


Your mother Gaea. »

No comments:

Post a Comment