Thursday, June 8, 2017

Pride and Elpis: I was born a princess

(Elpis):
"I was born a princess. Adored daughter of Gaea and Chaos and bringer of the light. I was born nice and kind but my job is neutral. There is no morality in giving Hope to humans. I gave it to the child at the hospital waiting for a treatment to save its life. I gave it to a soldier on the battlefield so he could keep on fighting for what he believed in.; I gave hope to a woman who wanted to carry a child in her barren womb. I gave it to a murderer who hoped never to get caught and sometimes even hoped to make more victims. I didn't discriminate, I didn't judge, I just gave Hope. But I was kind.
I was born nice and kind, focused on bringing light into the heart of men and gods alike. I was focused on keeping them cheerful and satisfied. I was kind... until I met him. Pride has always been my opposite. Full of darkness, Chaos bringer and generally /no/ nice and kind. He was the yang to my Yin. I discovered I had a darker side, the darkness within. From Hope, I could become Despair cause one and another are tied together. Pride uncovered that side of myself and I Uncovered the softest side of his. He was capable of caring for another being than himself. He was capable of mercy and he did spare the human race because of me. He did change some of his ways -or tried to- to appease me. I uncovered the light in him, I was the Yin to his Yang.
I was born a princess, adored daughter of Gaea and Chaos and bringer of the light. Yet I destroyed a pantheon because it disrespected the all-father. I was capable of entering dark anger, channeling a more vile energy than the one I always had. He relished in the destruction I brought, but he craved my light more. We craved for each other. our kisses burned our skins, bruised our lips and our touch lit a fire on our bodies. My light and his darkness mixed well together, tempered each other, drove me crazy with want and desire. Pride was intoxicating. He always is.
I don't want to be a princess anymore. My pantheon is in shambles thanks to my siblings. They betrayed me, they betrayed those who supported me and they killed the All-father and the rest of those who didn't agree with them. There is no one alive, deserving of my sympathy and love. I want them dead. Once I am free from my prison, I will get my revenge on them. I want to wreck havoc, cause mayhem, avenge myself until nothing is left of my old home. I want to rule by Pride's sides, be his equal in every sense in the word.
Because he is all I have left. He is my world. He is my Yang.
And he wants to burn it all to the ground."   

No comments:

Post a Comment