Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Dean and Oya : A moment in time -Shorty redux

A/N: that's a sweet nothing, curiously I cannot stop thinking about the damn kitchen! All usual disclaimers

 Xxxxxxx

Dean woke up early that morning,  It had been a good three months now since they killed Oya's brother, went on that dinner date and she told him about how she felt and he told her about how he felt. Every morning felt like usual except maybe for this weight on his chest that didn't seem to want to leave anytime soon. He still felt vulnerable because he let her know what he kept to his himself for quite some time now. Hell, he admitted it to himself to that very night and since then, had been trying not to think too hard about it. Granted she had reacted in a way he didn't expect and he noticed she was making efforts to keep things the way they were until he was comfortable with the idea of being with her, as in.. at the same place as she was feelings wise.

Her company was still the same. She was this angry little ball of nerves who started a fight with strangers and friends alike. Last time they went out to buy a pie for lunch. It didn't help that the vendor was actually very cute and while Oya got a call from one of her friends, forcing her to take a couple of steps away to carry her conversation while Dean purchased the pie, she noticed the gorgeous brunette flirt bent a little forward the table, all smiling and looking cute and obviously flirting with Dean. At first, Oya thought that Dean would handle it on his own. She trusted him. She knew he wasn't falling for the woman's scheme BUT, it went so far that the woman had the
audacity to let her fingers touch the back of his hand. Dean never saw Oya walk so fast towards him. She grabbed the woman wrist and pushed it away while shouting «  Take your goddamn hand off of him, you two-face sneaky bitch! You think I didn't see you from where I was? You see us walk into that damn shop and the only thing you do is flirting with my man? Get the fuck out of here! Don't you dare touch him again! » She then looked up to Dean with a big annoyed frown on her face and threw the money on the table while the confused woman apologized for being out of line and handed them their pie. Oya was upset, so upset that she went back to baby and decided to sulk.

It wasn't Dean's fault, she knew that. It wasn't that woman's fault either because she and Dean didn't come holding hands and didn't claim they were anything so of course, she assumed they were friends and allowed herself to flirt. It was Oya's reaction that blew out of proportion and she felt stupid for having yelled at that woman but at the same time thought it was justified because she did try to seduce Dean and she touched him. Dean tried to make it make the issue less important as it was. Oya was territorial and notoriously jealous. It wasn't the first time she acted like that so of course, he was unphased, he noted that she said « my man » during her outburst, but he knew it probably just was her talking without thinking. Still..it felt strange.

She woke up quickly after him because she felt the weight shift on the bed and crossed her arms above her belly. Her hazel eyes, still asleep were staring at Dean as she sunk herself into the mattress. Yesterday didn't go away. She still felt upset about the fact this waitress touched Dean. Of course, she was worried, because all of these girls were always so pretty as if they came right out of a tv show with all these supermodels. They were tall, they were gracious and luminous and fun and Oya always felt that Dean could have easily fallen for these sirens songs. Oya was short in comparison, angry, angsty at times and laced with traumas that didn't go away. She was the opposite of those golden girls and it bothered her a lot to feel this insecure about herself, even more now that he said he was interested. She was afraid he lost interest and growled lowly.

« Morning Dickhead. »

« Morning bitch. » He replied with a grin while she was still grumpy. «I thought you slept well? You didn't have a nightmare last night. »

« Nope. I slept okay. I'm just upset about yesterday. » She said as he sat at the corner of the bed, baring his back at her.  He turned his head to glance past his shoulder and look at her.

« You're still thinking about yesterday? It was nothing, you just got crazy as usual. »

« I wasn't crazy. I'm not crazy. She was flirting with you and touched you. Next thing I know she would have given you her phone number. »

« I wouldn't have called her. » He said, his jade eyes staring at her. He wouldn't have, she knew that.

« I know. It's just the fact she gave it to you as if I wasn't even in the room. »

« You were on the phone, to her defense. » He said in a teasing tone. She grabbed a pillow and threw it at his face -he dodged it- « Ahaha I'm serious, you were on the phone. »

« Asshole! Of course, I was! But she didn't see me. She didn't see.. our bond! »

« We said nothing, she couldn't have guessed. » He said as he pushed himself on the other corner of the bed, right next to her.  « Besides, what do you want us to do? It's not as if we would have walked into the shop and said  'Hello, we're in love, now give us a pie. ' »

« Said like that it sounds ridiculous indeed! » Oya said, chuckling a bit. Dean grinned at her, pleased that his little joke softened her features. He let his fingers trace the soft skin of her arms.

« You overreacted yesterday Oya. I see you. I only see you. They can throw me their phone numbers for all I care, there is only yours I want to call. » He said, appreciating how smooth he actually was. It was not that bad actually. Oya pursed her lips in disbelief but quickly blushed and had that crooked smile she always had whenever embarrassed.

« Only my number? » He grinned at her and nodded. « Only only my number ? » she asked as she quietly climbed on him and sat on his lap. He quickly wrapped his powerful arms around her tinier frame and pressed her softer body against his larger build. Oya yanked her head back to look at him.

« Only only your number yeah! » He said with a chuckle. He felt her hands gently massage the back of his neck and closed his eyes for a while.

« You'll get bored of me. »

« I can't. You are taking all of the space in my head. » He grinned. « How could a shorty like you take so much space in there uh?  You should take a short smaller space since you're so small. » He teased her, nuzzling her nose before he pulled his face away.

« How dare you ?! I'm not that small! » The African hunter stuck her pierced tongue out and started to undulate, enjoying how quick he was responding to her -unless this was a morning wood she failed to notice

« You're very very small. You're so small you need to take books to make sure you reach my cheek when we take pictures. » He teased her, kissing her cheek again while a muffled a groan at the sensation of her delicious hips swaying against him. She knew what she was doing and was distracting him from the real conversation they were starting to have, but to be fair, he did that too.
Oya was jealous. He knew that. What he couldn't wrap his head around was that she wasn't feeling secure enough with him to let go of her jealousy. He wasn't a ladies man. Sure, he attracted them all with his good looks and suave attitude, but Dean wasn't going around. He remembered their argument back when she found out he had a dating app he never used.  Even THEN she showed her true colors when everything was grey between them. Dean cupped her cheek and leaned his forehead against hers.

«I am afraid you stop.... loving me because I am not good enough for you. I'm toxic Dean...through and through.. I don't want you to... » He shushed her with a finger on her plump lips, those pretty plump lips of hers he always wanted to kiss.

« I can't let you say that. I'm a sinner too. We both sin so what? » He said, eyes gleaming as he spoke. She looked at him confused for a brief minute and then cupped both of his cheeks with her hands. He let his large palm grab a fistful of her black curls while the other hand held onto her tighter. « Do you think I'm gonna leave because you fisticuff with the pretty ladies? »

« Uh..mmhh.. yeah? Among other things.  You'd think I don't trust us enough and maybe I don't just trust me enough...not maybe. This is certain. I don't trust myself enough to bring smiles on your face. I want to make you happy..I'm scared I would hurt you. I don't want to. I want to cut the bitches who want to get into your pants though. » She said chuckling nervously. She pulled his head against her shoulder and held him there so he wouldn't see her panic-face; He could feel her shiver
and gently ran his hand over her back. Her concerns were his as well. After all, he brought hell around him to people who cared about him, what would be different with Oya? Here she was being afraid she could not make him happy while he didn't even know if he could make her happy.  Dean furrowed his brows for a minute and then started to tickle her.

« That's for speaking non-sense shorty! »

« Ahahahah no stop! Stop !! STOP !!! Dean ! Ahahahahah » She laughed so hard that she ended up hitting against his chest with her tiny fist. « Ahahah stop, please! Stop that! » She kept on laughing until he kissed her lips, stealing a kiss that made her blush and calm.Oya chuckled in between their kisses, still soft as only their lips pressed against one another. « Mmhhhh okay, you won. You won! Okay...okay.. but tell me something. »

« Mmmh ?? » He said, seemingly stopping messing up with her.  She ran her hand through her hair and took a deep breath to regain some focus.

« I know you're scared.... I know I am. For sure I am but I .. but you're the reason I wake up every morning with a smile on my face. You. Make me happy from the moment I wake up. I.. » She shifted her eyes, looking for words to say that didn't begin with « I love » and didn't finish with « you ».  He knew what she wanted to say and swallowed hard. « don't want to wake up with anyone else.  Unless I have to. »

« That's very specific. » He said with a chuckle, thinking she was cute as she blushed harder due to how her lips were curled into that sheepish smile of hers.

« I...wouldn't want to cook for someone else. » He told her, avoiding the infamous three words. He already said these and it still gave him mini-heart attacks to think about it. Going around but giving meaning to something that belonged to them was even more personal, less threatening. He loved her, cooking for someone else was his way to let her know this and she knew. Of course, occasionally she would say « I love you. » accidentally even. But not when she could control it, like right now.

« Are you going to assault every goddamn person who just talks to me? »

« No. But I'll murder them with my eyes if I can't with my words. » She said with a grin.

« I can live with that. » Dean grabbed her neck and pressed his lips to hers once again, this time insisting a little bit more. It soothed the young woman to know that somehow in all this craziness, he wasn't going to turn his back on her and never would she.

No comments:

Post a Comment