Friday, June 3, 2022

Chronicles of the primeval gods: Life and death of Ishtar: Last call

Chronicles of the primeval gods: Life and death of Ishtar:  Last call  


A/N: My All-Father spoke, so I had to let him speak. 

xxx


Gaea was staring at her son, her eyes looked at him from head to toe before she shrugged her shoulders. She had made her peace with what happened, the fact she was blinded by her love for mankind so much that she didn't notice the plan fomented by her children. She had made her peace yet was still upset at her son for what he did. It wasn't so much about the death f her husband than the fact it disturbed her peace. It wasn't so much about the destruction of their pantheon than the fact they awakened her daughter. Elpis was anew. She was unleashed, and her wrath would lead to drastic changes, the kind that even the current All-mother couldn't dream about. Could she stop Elpis? Maybe she could if her connection to Life and nature was at its peak. Perhaps she couldn't if Elpis bested her. Uncertainty was definitely something the All-mother hated above all, and she didn't appreciate the fact that her daughter could eventually come after her. 


"Why am I here?" -He lifted a brow and started to laugh at his mother's question. How could she ask him the reason of his visit when it had been made clear that they were at war with Elpis and Pride?-


"You heard me well." -She said, allowing both hands to rest on her waist- "I won't repeat myself, Ishtar. I don't see why you would give yourself the trouble to find me when I made it clear that I didn't want to be found."


"Salty as ever..." -He shrugged his shoulders and crossed his arms above his chest. He recognized his mother's stubborn spirit and her refusal to give the impression she was weak, afraid of anything that could cause a dent in her perfect image.- "I heard you well the first time you rejected me. Ayasha heard it well when you rejected her. However, I chose to be magnanimous and offer you a Last call."


"Should I be grateful you came down on Earth to save me from my daughter?" -She sneered and ran a hand over her face, to mark her exasperation.- "Ayasha came to me, pretending to know how afraid I was of my own flesh and blood. I do not fear Elpis and I would certainly not benefit from having you near me."


Ishtar realized that his mother didn't trust them. She couldn't shake that feeling off of her, because both his sister and he betrayed their father, and Elpis killed the former and cursed the latter. He speculated that the goddess feared they would try to steal her power, rather than use her for protection and assistance. He couldn't blame her, mostly because he didn't know what Ayasha had planned with their mother. She mentioned that it was important that their mother stayed with them at the primordial garden. Of course, they didn't want to give Elpis the opportunity to be the first to attack and steal the All-Mother power. That was a possibility. They believed it would be safer for all of them to stick together and protect each other rather than take the risk to lose everything because of a badly calculated move. Gaea believed that she was taking the risk to be killed by her daughter and having her power stolen by her in order to become more powerful and go toe to toe with her sister. She refused to be killed like her late husband was. 


"You are paranoid. We wouldn't betray you."


"Why should I believe the word of someone who betrayed their own father and sister, uh? You /Killed/ Khaos. You killed your father and you stole his power!"


"yes I DID! and I am tired of being sorry for what I did. Father taught us we had to take what was ours no matter what. I considered that his throne and power were to be mine so I took them. Deal with it, mother. Fucking deal with it!"


"Here it is! The lie you tell yourself! Your father didn't want to die and he certainly didn't expect his children of all people, to go after him like you did! I cannot trust you. I can never trust you and  I won't follow you. You and I both know that you need me more than I do need you. You betrayed your sister, now deal with the consequences!" -She said, pointing away from her, so her son would take it as his cue to leave.-


"So... You are not going to come with me. If she comes to you after we're dead, remember this. We offered you our help and you chose to spit in our faces out of spite. You will reap what you sowed." -He said turning on his heels and leaving the place. $


Gaea exhaled and realized that she had been holding back her breath for far too long. Ishtar wasn't wrong when he said that she would be alone when her daughter would come to her. It was a risk to take, the risk to be killed by an empowered goddess. It only took her a brief minute, a moment where she wasn't careful and exposed herself for the world to see and feel her presence. It took only a minute, but it was the most terrifying minute for the All-Mother. There was a chance Elpis might kill her, no.. a certainty that her days were numbered if her daughter came after her, hence her desire to ask for peace or at least a truce. Elpis was stubborn and there was a chance that she would not listen to her mother, but perhaps, if she played it well, the All-Mother could survive the ordeal. She just had to have faith. She just had to HOPE.


-TBC-




No comments:

Post a Comment