Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Got (regular) : Second chances

 Who would have thought we could have a second chance at life? A second chance at Love? Well...I know I wouldn't have bet on us to be allowed such a thing. For as long as I could remember, I believed that Fate had decided that my life was going to be a short one. Do you remember what you told me when you realized I was going to let myself get killed during the Long Night? You said "Fuck Fate" and that simple sentence made me realize that I was the one who could choose what to do with my life. I was the one who could decide what I wanted to do with it and how I wanted it to be. You opened my eyes, Jaime, to the possibility of living a good life, and I fought for it. I fought for it. 


Do you remember when I found you at high Garden? I had searched the world for you. I needed to see you, to make sure that you were alive and if you were dead, I wanted to give you a proper burial. I felt it in my heart, that I had to find you and help you. I didn't know that it was love that was guiding my footsteps and motivated me to keep looking for you. I didn't know I had fallen in love with you until we met.  Seeing you again felt like an electric shock because I realized my feelings for you. You were made aware of these too but while I wanted you to move forward, you weren't ready. 



The siege brought us together but I can see your struggles. I can see the fear in your heart, the stress in your voice. I can feel your doubts. We deserve a second chance, Jaime. We have suffered enough as it is. You are not evil. You are a man with a heart full of love who wants to do his best. You are a man full of good intentions, and who wants to protect those he cares about.  You deserve a second chance at life. You deserve to be loved and I have it inside me, that immense love for you that begs to be unleashed. I love you so much, Jaime. I love "us". I love what we have and I don't want to give up on us. Not now. Not ever."

No comments:

Post a Comment