Sunday, June 5, 2022

Peaky Blinders : A thorn in his foot -Michael's plan-

 // A/N: We know Michael is an asshole. We know he wants power. We know he doesn't listen to Tom. Well, he is with Gina here already and at the beginning of his shit, but I needed to give a little more context and explain/ introduce Archie. at least mention his name. 


XXXX


"Let me guess, Michael, You are still looking at the picture of this woman in Great Britain?"


Gina walked into Michael's office, her slender figure wrapped in a lovely pink dress. She was leaning against the door, arms crossed above her chest and a pout on her face. Mary wasn't per se, a rival. She knew from Michael himself about his failed attempt at seducing the woman. He would lament about his failed attempts at catching the woman's attention. She was a broken bird, a lovely woman who was so nurturing that Michael wanted her...At first. Mary was beautiful, kind, funny, and gentle. She got along well with everyone, including his mother and that meant everything to the young man. Polly approved of her and if Michael were to choose Mary, he knew he would have had his mother's blessings. She was supportive and loyal and that was attractive to the young man. He fell for her, at least at the beginning. 


"You know I am." -he put the picture on the table and watched as his wife walked into the room. She smirked at him and closed the distance between the two of them. Her hands cupped his cheeks and she lifted his head up, so she could watch her.-


"And what does that picture make you feel this time?"


"Gina. I love you. I married you." -He leaned into her touch and gently pressed his lips to her warm palm.-


Gina had been made aware of the existence of Mary pretty early in her relationship with Michael. She knew that for a good while before he met her, the young man was obsessed with this woman. Upon seeing the photograph, she understood why, but that didn't deter the blonde woman to keep pursuing Micahel and seducing him. Mary went from being the legitimate object of his affection to the catalyst of his frustrations. She wasn't the woman he fell in love with -That would be Gina, or so he said-, but she was the woman he should have had.  Everyone was fawning over Tommy, treating him as the Alpha and the Omega of the whole family. It was as if he knew everything, planned ahead and cared for everyone. It had always been about Tommy and everything he could give, everything that he was. Michael was upset because Tommy refused to see how important Michael was and how far he could take the family if he was given a chance. Michael was upset because Tommy refused to acknowledge that he was the old generation and a cursed danger to the whole family. Tommy's hand was lethal, people around him died and they all kowtowed to Tommy's ambition. Michael needed more than just the position of the elder Shelby's valet.


"You married me, yes, but your mind is not here in America with me. your mind is in Great Britain with Mary Fucking Colson and Tommy Shelby." -Michael shook his head and wrapped his hands around her wrists.- "Michael, darling... You can't lie to me."


"I'm not lying to you, Gina. It's not Mary-- It's not her I am looking at when I stare at her picture. It's my cousin. It's Thomas fucking Shelby I am looking at when I look at her."


"She is far more pleasant than Tommy Shelby." -Gina chuckled and pressed her lips to her husband's forehead.- "Now now... let me know what is bothering you."


"Mother told me that Tommy's been had a gin distillery and it's quite good actually. I would like to take it from him without his knowledge. I happen to have a friend who will soon return to London and I was thinking that he could be interested in buying this business from Tommy. If I do this, and with the people, I know here, we could sell the gin in America. Steal his market, become rich ourselves off of Tommy's labor."


"A friend? Do I know him?" -He shook his head and gently wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her against his face- "Who is he? I could perhaps, talk to my uncles who would happily help."


"It's going to be okay, Gina. His name is Archibald Worthington III but we call him Archer. He is a British businessman operating in London but he has a sister company here in New York. I will send him to Birmingham to meet with my mother."


"Careful, love. She might be willing to help Tommy. She was close to him long before you came back in her life and I wonder if--"


"My mom's loyalty is towards me. She's always been loyal to me." -Michael shushed his wife and furrowed his brows at the idea that his mother could betray him. If anything, she'd saved his life countless times and it was only fair that he looked after her.- "And she will come to live with me once she's sure the family is safe. I trust her with my life, Gina. Don't ever doubt her." -Gina pressed a kiss to his forehead and rolled her eyes as she yanked her head back. 


"I didn't mean to disrespect her. All I was saying is that you should be careful. You don't have plenty of allies in Great Britain. My uncles could provide your friend, Archer, some protection if he needed some. Do you really think he would be able to buy the distillery from your cousin?" -Michael shrugged-


"Maybe. I'd hope so." -He furrowed his brows and pressed a kiss to his wife's belly.- "I would like him to meet with Mary as well."- This made Gina shake her head and pull away from the young man.-


She didn't like the idea of having someone turn around Mary Colson. It was known across the ocean that Mary Colson was in love with Tommy Shelby and he might not have been indifferent to her either. She lived in his house and raised his boy. She became a nun at the Grace Shelby's institution and there had been rumors about a slap Lizzie Stark gave Mary Colson. Everybody knew Lizzie was in love with Tommy and he used to return to her whenever he felt lonely, so.. going after Mary might be riskier than Michael realized. She rubbed her arms and shook her head. 


"Try something else. Don't go after Mary. Tommy seems to be very close to her and perhaps she's just a glorified nanny for his son, or perhaps he's really attached to her, we don't know yet. What I do know, however, is that he trusts this woman because she lives in his house. She raises his son. She isn't just anybody and if anything happens to her, we're toasted. So please! Don't mess with Mary. leave her alone."


"I-- just wanted to know a few things from Mary. She knows him, she lives with him and she probably might know a few things about his business. I thought that if I sent my friend, I could get to learn... Gina! Gina! you're not listening to me!" -He stood up and caught his wife's shoulders in both hands. He forced her to look at him with his blue eyes wide open.-


"You're hurting me!'" -She said, furrowing her brows- "I don't want you to be reckless! I know you hate your cousin and you want to overthrow him. I understand it, I support it. What I don't support is your lack of control when it comes to that Mary Colson. You pretend you don't love her anymore, yet you keep looking at her picture! I'm not stupid!"


"I am not in love with her, Gina! I am not in love with her! I wanted to possess her years ago, yes! I wanted her because I thought she was what I wanted in a woman. I thought she was what I needed but I realized that she wasn't. I realized even more how destructive Tommy Shelby could be, to have her choose him instead of me.  Tommy corrupts anything he touches, he brainwashed people into doing his bidding but he is a danger. She's lost to me, Gina. She's lost to me. I told you that I married you because I loved you and I mean my fucking word. But you are right." -He lowered his tone and pressed his forehead to hers.- "You are right...I shall be careful and not involve Mary in a situation she did not ask for. I'll focus on buying the Gin distillery from Tommy and build my own empire off of his hard labor". -He pressed a kiss to her forehead- "Do you trust me?"


"......" -She sighed and rolled her eyes before she wrapped her arms around his waist and pulled him into a soft hug.- "I do. Let's hope Tommy won't ever find out that you're the one behind Archer's presence in Great Britain. I wouldn't want him to start a vendetta against us, not when he's still strong.-


"I will be careful. Come, let's go to our bedroom. I think a little moment with my wife is long overdue."


And he took her out of his office. What he failed to mention, was that he was, indeed, obsessed with Mary and her relationship with Tommy but not for the reasons he gave Gina. Part of him resented Tommy for taking everything from him, His mom Polly, his wealth, his power, and even the woman he desired. He was upset at  Tommy for being seen as the best there was when Michael was as capable as Tommy ever will be and he could use his youth and cleverness to actually drive the family into becoming even more powerful than it already was.  He should have had Mary, he should have had power but he had been punished by the Elder Shelby to a life full of nonsense. A life Gina saved him from and he would honor his wife, any which way she pleased. 


-TBC-

No comments:

Post a Comment