Monday, June 6, 2022

Klasma: Horror she wrote

 //This is yet another encounter between Elijah and Mary


XXXX


Mary had closed the front door of her shop. She had been discreet ever since Damon came to her shop, asking for answers. He didn't come back since then, but his visit left her with a bitter taste in her mouth.  Damon discovered her true nature and she knew that he wouldn't leave her alone. Besides, she still didn't know where Klaus was, for he didn't come back to his manor.  It worried the witch who didn't know how to react to his absence, or if she should be worried about his safety. Her guts told her that she should, her mind was screaming at her to leave Mystic Falls because something was coming her way and she wasn't ready for it. The truth was perhaps in between, she missed Klaus, missed his company, and was worried about him. He told her a while ago that he came to Mystic Falls because he had some business to do, and people to eliminate in order to protect his family and himself. He wasn't there. 


She felt lonely despite the visits of the young witch Bonnie Bennet or the rest of her gang. She felt lonely because he wasn't there, the absence of the hybrid highlighted the fact she needed to see him.. Or at least, talk to him. She sighed deeply and put her left hand on the front door. Something went off for she felt a supernatural presence watching her, which prompted her to turn to her left and gasp as she was startled by Elijah Mikaelson. He was standing next to a wall that led to the back alley of the shop, his shoulder leaning against the brick wall, while both of his hands were rubbing against one another. Mary pinched her lips together and furrowed her brows. 


"Are you stalking me, Elijah?"


"Stalking is a strong word, Mary. I was merely looking after you."


"I don't /Need/ you to look after me. I have been doing fine in the last 200 years, now didn't I?" -He used his superspeed to close the distance between the two of them and tilted his head to the side.-


"My my my...You became really bold, my little Mary. You do have a mouth on you, you do seem less... lonely." -He narrowed his gaze and grabbed her cheeks, squeezing just a tiny bit. She didn't flinch. intriguing-


"I followed your advice, Elijah. I opened myself to the world." -She smirked and twitched her fingers, casting a telekinetic spell that pulled the vampire away from her. It threw him against the wall and she put her hand in front of her.- "Now don't come closer, Elijah. I am not in a very good mood and I am starting to get really pissed by your constant visits."


The original hesitated for a second and pondered whether he should retaliate for her insolence or let her speak. It was a very different woman, one he had not practiced enough. It took him aback for a while, mostly because she wasn't afraid, and didn't seem to be as lonely as she was before. What happened to her? What happened to make her feel this confident? He furrowed his brows but chose to stand back up and stay away from her. She was breathing hard, so hard that he noticed how nervous she was. Mary didn't like to be violent. She didn't like to use her powers to hurt others and she hated attacking Elijah (or defending herself from him.)


"I think you lied to me, Mary. I think you've seen Klaus and I think you know why he came here. I think he told you that I don't consider you to be a friend and he probably ranted about all the other witches he ended up killing. I only want to know two things: Where is my brother and Are you going to help us?"


"Why would that matter to /you/ what Klaus had to say about me?" -She narrowed her eyes and tilted her head to the side, her heavy pink-ombre hair falling on her face. Her fingers were still twitching and Elijah knew she was more prepared for a potential assault from him. He chose to stay put.-


"Klaus has a habit of overreacting. He would do anything to ruin my plans out of spite. He might have told you things that aren't true or misunderstood."


"Misunderstood?" -She blinked and scoffed at him.- "Misunderstood? What is misunderstood in the fact you don't talk about me? What is misunderstood in the fact he didn't know me because you didn't talk about me to the rest of your family? What is misunderstood in the fact you used me, Elijah?"


"I-- I didn't use you, Mary. I care about you. Didn't I advise you to travel the world and be open to people, Didn't I..."


"You didn't even notice I was infatuated with you. you didn't even notice just how much I needed some actual company. We always talked about you, your family, and your girlfriends, and I always listened and held back because I couldn't find my place in your world and I wanted to be in. I wanted to be in! you never let me in. You used me!" -Her voice broke and pain slowly started to pick up.-


Her curse activated as, despite her efforts to keep a positive mind and focus on something good, the pain of her heartbreak caused her physical pain. elijah noticed the change in her heartbeat's pace, he noticed the protruding veins in her hands and forehead. He realized she was truly in pain but was still reigning it in. Klaus told her the truth this time, there was no denying it. Mary realized she was an asset the Original would use when the time would come. She realized that he wasn't truly attached to her, at least not as deeply as she imagined and Elijah couldn't lie about it. He sighed deeply and pinched the bridge of his nose.


"It's not like that, Mary. You know I am watching after my siblings and... yes, at times, I can overlook some things. I didn't pay enough attention to you and I can admit I didn't visit you as often as you would have liked."


"Stop! Lying! Elijah! Please! Stop lying to me!" -She groaned, her pain increasing as her anger became more intense. Her eyes burned brightly, and despite her sunglasses, he could clearly see how upset she was. the window of her shop was starting to crack a little, forcing Elijah to adjust his tie and lift both hands up to his face, in an attempt to soothe her up.-


"What do you want me to say, Mary?"


"Tell me the truth. I beg of you. Tell me the truth." She begged, tears started to roll on her cheeks and she crossed both arms above her chest, as she wanted to self-soothe. "After you've rescued me for the first time and I helped you save Kol, you knew I was cursed because I helped you. You knew and you found me... Why?"


"I... I needed your help. I realized you were powerful and immortal once you crossed the 100 years old and still looked as young as when I met you. I realized I had an immortal witch at hand, one who could become stronger as time goes by because I knew you would study and learn, and train."


"You needed me..." -She repeated, tears still rolling down as she was sobbing.- "You found me once you were sure I would be at the lowest point of my life. Alone, frightened, powerful." -Mary wiped her face with the back of her hand. And for the first time, that upset Elijah too. He didn't outwardly lie to Mary when he said that he cared for her. Through time, she became an ally, somewhat a friend but Elijah had always put boundaries between people and him-


"...Yes!" -He paused for a brief minute and tried to take a step toward her, but she backed up.- "I needed your help, that is true and I ... still do. Yes, I always try to make sure that I have an asset that could help us when we are in a dire situation. Yes, it is true that I put my family's needs before anything else. Yes, it is true that I didn't realize you had feelings for me nor how lonely you truly felt. I apologize for my blindness. I apologize for the pain I caused you." -He took a deep breath and pulled his hands down, slowly so as not to startle her.-


"I didn't know any better, Elijah. You were a friend, I considered you as my friend, and to know that you didn't think the same for me, broke my heart. I got cursed because I helped you. I got cursed and that pain is atrocious, excruciating and I wouldn't wish it on you or anyone for that matter." -She wiped her tears again and removed her sunglasses, revealing just how devastated she truly was. - "Klaus opened my eyes to who you really were. I see it clearly now.  I don't consider you a friend anymore, merely an acquaintance. You are the reason I got cursed and lost everything, but I never blamed you for this because you didn't curse me. I will help your family because that's what I do. I am a healer."


She pulled her sunglasses back up her nose and turned on her heels. She had to leave because seeing Elijah and hearing the truth from him hurt her even more than she had anticipated. Her heart was now pounding against her chest, her nerves were on fire and all she wanted to do was collapse and faint because of the blind pain she was in. She tried to think of a good memory, something that could soothe her pain, maybe her dinner date with Klaus, maybe the laughter they shared before he went on his mission. Nothing worked and she ended up holding her tummy. Elijah walked closer to her but stayed a few inches from her. 


"Where is Klaus? Why is he here?"


"I don't know. I don't know where he is. I haven't seen him in days. I don't know shit because he told me nothing." -She sniffled and put her hand above her mouth.-


"Mary. I care about you. I might not have shown it well before, but I still care about you. Klaus is.. complicated and whatever you have going on with him, it is better if you stop it. He would end up breaking your heart."


"It's already broken by you, Elijah. I believe Klaus deserves an actual chance at being understood, loved, and cared for.  I am guessing you are going to stay here, perhaps this is your opportunity to work your way back into my heart."-She waved her hand, wiping the tears off of her face, giving Elijah no other choice but to leave the place. He did, giving the witch some time to catch her breath back.- "Please, go."- She whispered before she turned around and watched around her. Elijah was gone and she would be able to breathe and calm down. But could she?-


Could she? 


-TVD-

No comments:

Post a Comment