Monday, July 3, 2017

Elpis and Pride: Bittersweet


The bitter taste of betrayal never quite left my mouth. The sour taste of losing everything I cared about, everyone I loved to the ambition of a sister and the weak mind of a brother... That sour taste never left me either. They took everything from me, from my pantheon they divided, to my siblings they murdered, to the love of my life who forgot about me plain and simple and Earthlings who endured millennia without Hope in their hearts.They took everything from me.


What is left of me? what has left if not the tiny shred of Hope I kept in my soul? Hope to be free one day. Hope to find my love once again. Hope to avenge me. I needed to avenge myself. It was a promise I made while my physical form was destroyed and a promise I want to keep. They need to die an excruciating pain. They need to vanish from existence and return to the void. I want to be the one to give the fatal blow. I want to be the one to kill them all. Why would I care when all the siblings left just want me dead?

I am aware that there would be nothing there for me once I am free. I am aware I would have to work hard to eventually get my beloved (former beloved?) to like me. I cannot hope for more when he's been too far gone and evolved in a world where I wasn't even a concept. My siblings robbed me of that. of a potentially happy life by his sides. So what is my plan here? my endgame? Gaea is still alive, we might even avoid the destruction of mankind and I would help her keep an eye on her creation. Maybe if she dies, then I should take upon her mantle and become the All-mother. I could spend the rest of my life watching them, influencing them like I used to. Be on my own since I cannot see how it could be.

Pride has an ally in me. He knows that. He has someone who used to love him and I am sure it still does regardless of how different he is now. He could always count on me to help him reach his goals, destroy his enemies and rule on the Underworld. It's a given... I think he would not object to helping me avenge myself for what happened to us. And I wish I wasn't the embodiment of Hope and Light, for my foolish heart does wish he might find in himself the strength to learn how to love me again. Pride has an ally in me so long as he doesn't destroy mankind. We would wash the floor with the blood of our enemies and once my heart would be sated, then...

Then what?

No comments:

Post a Comment