Saturday, July 8, 2017

S.O.A : Tea for two Jessica x Asma

A/N: Jessica met Oscar, and she's struggling to tell that to Asma. However, having met the man, she can have a better idea of what Asma is running away from. Mama Bear in action! I literally dreamed this one, so credit to my dream!

Xxx

Jessica's hand was still shaking from the unfortunate encounter she had a few hours ago. She woke up early in the morning and ensured that no alcohol was in the house so Asma wouldn't try to drink when Jessica wouldn't be home. She then took care of Abel and Thomas and took them to Nix place for the day so she could think of a better strategy to protect her friend. She promised Asma she would be back before noon and simply needed to buy some supplies. She should make sure Oscar left town and to make it happen, she needed her Knights to drive the bastard away. If he resisted and got killed in the process, Jessica was sure that it wouldn't affect her friend at all. Of course, it would have been easier to just put a bullet in between his eyes but the expecting mother was trying to be a little less bloodlusty and give that guy a chance. Maybe once he'd realize that he better fall in line and disappear, Oscar would quit chasing Asma and no blood would be shed. It was very optimistic for Jessica but she was trying something new. She was hoping for a less traumatic resolution for Asma and this seemed to be it.

She was in a very good mood and was thinking about the meal she would cook for the tattoo artist when she felt a change in the air. Her guts had her turn her head to the side and Jessica's eyes grew wide as she saw a tall figure a few steps away from her. He was a handsome man, with sharp features. His hair was cut short, almost a buzzcut that gave him a more severe appearance. He was gorgeous but something about him was off. Something in his eye caught her attention, it screamed danger so automatically Jessica rubbed her belly as if to reassure her baby that nothing would go wrong. He leaned against the shelves and smirked at Jessica. It had to be Oscar. Who else would feel bold enough to come and try to intimidate her? He used the fact he was taller than her to try and overpower the smaller, pregnant lady. Jessica wouldn't let him impress her, instead, her features hardened at his sight.

« Jessica Darling? » He asked, his voice raspy like the voice of someone who smoked one too many cigarettes. She lifted her brow and looked up to his face. Charming.... good at pretending. He was playing the cool act so well that if Jessica hadn't heard about him from Asma, she wouldn't have known he was a two-faced lunatic.

« Who's asking for her? » She said as she grabbed some rice she put into her basket. She spoke nonchalantly but her senses were sharp, maybe sharper than ever as she watched his every move from the corner of her beautiful blue eyes. Her plump peach lips pursed as she contained a groan of exasperation and she offered him a smirk.

« Oscar Melendez. Maybe if I add that I am Asma's friend, that would ring a bell to you? »

« Asma never talked about an Oscar. » She said dryly. She felt the tension build-up and was looking for a quick exit. Her eyes glanced over the variety of pasta before her and she bit at her thumb. « And I know all of her friends. » She said, still not looking at him. It was the best way to establish dominance than using derivative tactics. If he wasn't being paid attention, then he would know that she wasn't afraid of him and she would /not/ give him the attention that it was a risky game and soon enough he could decide to change his tactic. Maybe he just wanted to test the water with her, maybe he was looking for more troubles.

« Don't play smart with me Jessica... » He growled lowly at her, annoyed at the fact she was not even looking at him.

« Smart with you? I don't know what you're talking about. I have lunch to make and I eat for two now, so you better step away from me. » She warned him, as she tried to make him go without causing a scene. Oscar was having none of it.


« Yes, you do! You know what you're doing! » He growled louder as anger was overwhelming him.

His features became darker, angrier at the thought that Asma decided to remove him from her life completely, disregarding the years they spent as friends and later on as fiancés. How dare she? He was there when he father died and she needed comfort. He was there to help her when her mother got sick and ensure that she was taken by the best private clinic they could find. He was there when Asma needed a place to live without having to pay rent. He was there when she most needed him and that was how she repaid him? Sure, he had been violent towards her, meaningless accidents that nearly cost her life but it wasn't his fault. She was the one who hurt his feelings when she wanted to go to space and become an astronaut. It was her who wanted to abandon him when he needed her presence the most. She wanted to shine and have fame and glory while he would have remained in the shadow. She brought that violence upon herself! He wasn't to blame. She left him soon after anyway, she ran away! Jessica felt the growing hostility towards her and stared at him straight in his brown eyes.

« I think you should go now. I don't know you, I never heard Asma say your name so I don't trust you. Stay away from my friend. » She warned him, her usual warm blue gaze turned icy cold as she shot him a dark glare.

« Or what? » He asked, moving closer to her frame. Jessica furrowed her brows and tried to push the man away but he resisted her gentle nudge. « Oh, you're going to hurt me? Pregnant as you are? You're going to risk hurting your baby and for what? For the sake of that pink haired whore? »

She punched him. It was an instinctive move from Jessica since she refused to listen to him degrading her friend. Of course, she could have been more cautious and would have waited until he had enough of spewing hateful words but she couldn't help herself and had to punch the man in his face.

« You bitch! » He yelled and grabbed her by the wrist. His other hand was ready to slap her but she dropped her basket and used the flat of her hand to hit his throat, forcing Oscar to release her hand. Another quick shove into the shelves and she whispered to him.

« Take this as a warning!  Leave her alone Oscar or it won't be pretty. » She said as she left the place, deciding that tonight, she would order food rather than make it. Her hand was still shaking as she drove back home but Jessica knew that if he found her, knew her name he probably knew more and needed to be taken out as quickly as possible. So of course, as she stirred the tea in the mugs, she glanced at a more relaxed Asma who was sketching new ideas of tattoos for her business. She brought the mugs to the living room and smiled at her friend.

« It was quite the morning Asma. Abel and Thomas wanted to spend more time with you. You should have seen their faces when I told them that Auntie Asma was at home and they couldn't stay. »

« Aaaww I love the jellybeans. But they need to be safe. Speaking of safety, I think I have found a safe place for me to stay at so you wouldn't be worried about encountering Oscar and being caught up in my shit. » Asma thought it was a good idea that she left the house and found a safe place instead. « It's a shelter for battered women. I have been in one so they would find me. » She gave her friend a sheepish smile but Jessica shook her head.

« No. You're not leaving. I don't want you to turn your life around and sacrifice more than you have already sacrificed because of him. You will stay here and I will protect you. »

« Protect me? He's coming for you. I tried to pretend he would not, but I know Oscar, he would come for you. He would try to overpower you and if he fails, he would come after you and would destroy you. That's his MO. That's how he does. It can only escalate and you are pregnant!You have a family of your own, you have a future here! I need to be responsible and I need t leave. Jessica. It's alright! » She said taking a sip of her tea from her mug.

Jessica knew that Asma would try and protect her and that her arguments would be very compelling. Of course, anyone in their right minds would do as Asma suggested but it felt like abandoning her friend and Jessica didn't want to. She cupped her friend's cheek and gently stroked it as anguish crossed her features and then pouted.

« It's kinda late. I shoved him away when he tried to intimidate me earlier today. »

« You what ??? JESS ARE YOU MAD? » Asma was horrified, her eyes were wide open and she put her mug on the table in order to better check her friend. Jessica was still shaking slightly but furrowed her brows and shook her head.

« He wanted to know where you were hiding. I think he knows you're at my place, thank god the babes are at Nix'. » She crossed her arms over her chest. « He needs to go. He will never stop chasing after you and I refuse to have you look past your shoulder every goddamn day for the rest of your life. I'm glad he came to me and tried to bitch about you. That son of a bitch can come, I will be ready. I don't need anyone because I will fuck him up. Asma, he riled me up enough now, I'll fuck him up and he might die. Are you okay with him being killed? »

« I'd gladly pull the trigger if I could. » She replied before she looked down to her hands. « You met him... »

« I did. I'm glad I did. Do you trust me Asma? » Asma looked up to her friend and nodded quietly. She chewed on her bottom lip and nodded again. « I need you to say it, love. »

« I trust you, Jess. I trust you with my life. »

« Good. Then stop TRYING to leave the house. Stop trying to protect me because I am the one protecting you. He won't get near you, won't take you with him, won't ruin your life anymore because I will take care of him. I swear on everything I hold dear. » She said, furrowing her brows.

« Okay... Okay.. I believe you. »

« You better. Now, that also means I have to prep. He might come here tonight or tomorrow morning so I better be reading to welcome him anytime soon. »

« oh...okay?  What do I do in your plan ? How can I help? »

« you will hide in the basement. There is a room down there, so we'll get you prepped and you will NOT move, even if you hear gunshots! I will call you when it's safe okay? » Asma was silent so Jessica repeated it to her. « Okay? »

« Okay... » She said, biting her bottom lip « I am scared. » She admitted to Jessica who cupped her cheek again in order to comfort her sister.

« Everything would be alright. You'll be safe. I promise. » She kissed the top of her head and then grinned at her.  « Now, tell me everything about how good it was with Tiggy? Don't spare me any juicy details. »

« Ah! Ahahah oh okay. I can tell you that. so.. »

And they spoke for a good chunk of the afternoon, trading sex stories and laughing but both of them had at the back of their heads the ominous presence of Oscar. The night would soon fall and with it, would come danger.

(TBC)



No comments:

Post a Comment