Saturday, July 29, 2017

S.o.A : Respect or cult following (jess and Asma)

There's respect and there's cult following. I respect her. She's badass, she's kind, she's fucking adorable.

But gosh, no! No cult following! she does make mistakes. She sometimes gets carried away by her fear and worries. She sometimes gets angry and lashes out without control. She sometimes overthinks and makes up stories in her head. She sometimes doesn't feel honest with herself and tells lies to her heart, lies you can read on her face. Ah! my favorite is, she's upset but she won't let you know why and would stubbornly pretend for a day or a week. Sometimes she's petty and she knows it, sometimes she's needy and she knows it. Sometimes she's very quiet. Not the charming, cute, polite quietness of some people but the one that tends to hide thunderstorms in her head.

And when she does that and some more, I get to call her out. I get to talk her out of it, or into sharing what she's been holding back. I get to listen to her pleas, to her grieves, to her disappointment. I get to see curl into a ball and scream into a pillow her frustration. I get to run my fingers through her hair to calm her down or create a good environment for her to talk to me. I get to do all that and so much more.

I don't blindly follow, I question.
I don't blindly follow, I reason.
I don't blindly follow, I care about and call you out.
I get to do that because I care
I get to do that because I love

No comments:

Post a Comment