Thursday, July 13, 2017

SPN : Family Sam x Oya

A/N: Sam and Oya are spending time together, It's a few days after Sam's birthday. They do get along well but I needed to make it happen rather than 'tell it'. So here it is:) I have noticed that Oya is quite the drama queen, she loves to make big speeches aha All usual disclaimers

Xxxxxxxxx

It was one of these weeks when Dean and Castiel went hunting together. Oya usually found herself a case to work on and would ride her bike until she got to the location she chose, but not this week. Her last hunt left her with a nasty wound on her belly that required time to heal, so she forced herself to stay home and watch as Sam was looking for a case for himself. She woke up early -barely slept without Dean around actually- and decided to go to the kitchen and fetch herself some instant noodles When her food was ready, Oya exited the kitchen and searched for Sam, who she knew was back at the bunker. She was upset that she didn't have the chance to spend the day with both brothers on Sam's birthday but managed to snatch Vince Vincente's vintage album -the 3rd one, the best according to Sam- to offer it to him. She made sure to take it before she left her bedroom and was now trying to find the birthday boy.

Fortunately for her, Sam was in the living room of the bunker, enjoying a good read of the book she of African spells she offered him a couple of months ago. A smile crossed her lips and Oya quietly sat next to him, both feet on the couch and her arms wrapped around her legs. She leaned against his shoulder and naturally, Sam wrapped his arm around her shoulders and pulled her into a semi-hug. His other hand was holding the book as he kept on reading. Oya used her forefinger and pointed at the spell he was on, it was a spell supposedly meant to exorcise strong malevolent spirits, powerful enough to force a god out of their vessel. Unfortunately, to perform such a spell, there had to be a sacrifice so Oya tapped at the annotation on the bottom left and said in a stern voice.

« It's a cool spell but we can't use it because it requires a human life. You have to sacrifice something as precious as a life to counter a divine possession. I'm not a fan of these. I saw my dad perform it only once and it was because the mother begged and begged and begged to save the life of her infant boy. »

« That's.....neat. » Sam shrugged at the spell and turned the page. « I won't use that spell, not really up to sacrifice someone's life. What about this one? » She glanced over his shoulder and chuckled.

« Oh, this one is to have a bigger penis. You want to try it? » She teased him, barely containing her chuckles.

« I don't think I need that kind of spell thank you! Thanks for believing in me Oya! » -He was speaking in a teasing tone so she could understand that he was joking. Oya was very 1st degree and if he wasn't careful, she would believe his lies or wouldn't understand his jokes-

« Ahahah oh come on! You don't need a confidence boost! You're great the way you are! Speaking of being great. I have something for you. » She said, picking Sam's curiousity as he straightened on the couch. He wasn't used to surprises. -good surprises- and the book of spells was already more than he could ever dream of so he didn't quite know what she had in store for him again. Oya grinned widely and shifted on the couch so she could take the album she hid under a cushion behind her back when she sat next to Sam.

« I'm curious. What is it? »He asked, turning his body so he could face her better. Oya's large grin crept on her lips as she handed him the album. Sam furrowed his brows at first and then his face lit up as he noticed her huge smile as she handed it to him. « Music? » He then grabbed the album and saw that it was a Vince Vincente and not just any album. She got him his BEST album and a COLLETOR at that! Filled with bonus songs and footage of his best concert. His eyes lit up and he pulled her into a tight bear-like hug. « Thank you, Oya! How did you know? I mean, you and I we never talked about it !!? »

« Dean told me someday we talked about music and bands. I kept the information in mind. I'm glad you like it. » She said, hugging him back and leaning into his chest.

« I don't know what to say. You're awesome! Thank you! » He said, leaning his chin on top of her head as he held her close to his taller frame. She giggled and gently wrapped her arms around his waist. As she leaned her head onto his torso, Oya sighed happily.

« Happy Birthday big boy! » She said as she resumed eating her noodles from the cup. « Wanna take a look at other spells? I do have several notebooks filled with notes and sketches about African monsters if you want. They belonged to my parents, my brother and some are mine as well. You'll find notes about how we defeated them and how we encountered them. That is one thing the tv show Grimm did right. We do document our hunts, don't we? » She said grinning widely as she turned the page of the spell book.

« Are you serious? Notebooks about the monsters you encountered? I would definitely read that when I'm done with the spells.» He said chuckling as she turned the pages. The next spell was pretty easy to decode, it was meant to reveal the truth of an evil creature or object. That would come in handy! He read the description and was pleased to see there was no sacrifice or ingredients needed. Oya looked up to his face for a solid minute as thoughts were crossing her mind. She then moved forward to put the noodle cup on the table before her and sat on said table so she could stare at Sam straight in the eyes. «Oya?? What's going on ? You're acting weird. »

«.. »She didn't say a word just yet, instead she crossed her legs and wrapped her arms around them. Sam tilted his head to the side and furrowed his brows. « Sam....I think I have to say this but..I love you so freaking much that I don't want anything bad to happen to you okay ? »

« You what ? » He blinked and she shrugged, running her fingers through her hair.

« Yeah, you heard me well. You're a very important part of my life. I love Castiel even when he's being a total drama queen, I love your brother... » Oya blushed and scratched the top of her head. « I love you too. I spend most of my time with Dean for obvious.. reasons ahem... but you are always at the back of my head and your safety and well-being are also a priority in my head. I never thought I'd feel like having a family again but you are...my brother. »

She said, nodding at her own words. It came naturally to her, to think of Sam as a brother rather than just some random guy or the brother of her boyfriend. It wasn't difficult anyway since she became close to him faster than she did with Dean. They just naturally clicked. He looked down and then gave her his crooked smile and a nervous chuckle. Oya always took him aback and even now while he should be expecting her to do so.

« What is.... » He paused and offered her yet another crooked smile. She could see he was pleasantly surprised and was processing the information. « I mean, yeah ? A brother ? »

« Yeah..A Brother. We're the same age. So I can't decide whether or not I'm the big sister here. »

« Ahaha do you really need my help here ? You seem to have decided to be the big sister already. »

« Sounds about right. » She grinned and grabbed his hands. « So I'm your big sister from now on. »
« I already have a big brother and we both know how Dean tends to be. Are you sure you want to be Dean's clone ? » He teased her while grinning widely. Oya wrinkled her nostrils since she couldn't hit his chest. « Okay ! Okay Oya ! You can be my big sister if you want to. I'll always look after you like I look after Dean. »

« So do I. We have each other backs uh ? » She grinned at him and then took a deep breath. « I sometimes think about my own late brother. Cody would have loved you. He'd have more in common with Dean however, but he would have loved you and your love for books and knowledge. He was a big nerd like that. » She said in a soft chuckle, so seeing you read his books somehow makes me feel better. » She chewed at her bottom lip and released his hands so she could resume eating.

« I'm sure we would have gotten along. I love those books so they're safe with me. You're safe with us, with Dean. » Sam insisted on his brother. They never really addressed the fact she was dating Dean because Sam didn't feel the need to point it out. It just happened and he just accepted it. However, since Oya started the emotional conversation, he felt that maybe he could just let her understand that he accepted her as Dean's girlfriend. He tried to beat around the bush but with Oya it was quite a difficult task given how 1st degree she was.

« What with Dean ? »

« Come on Oya. Don't think I don't know what's going on with you two. If aything, just know that I approve ! » He thought that with this out of the way, then Oya wouldn't have to wonder if Sam was okay with her dating Dean. This time he had he react in a way he wasn't expecting. She blushed and tucked some black strands behind her ear. He surprised her and she didn't quite know what to do with it. Instead, she gave him her best crooked smile and stuck her tongue out.

« Well, that's out of the way uh ? I guess I should say thank you ? » She joked before she resumed eating her noodles. « I'm glad you're okay with it, cause you are stuck with me. I'm not going to leave anymore. »

« Like you used to uh ? » He took a jab at her, and at first shr furrowed her brows usure of how to take it, but he quickly added. « I'm glad you reconsidered and stopped doing it. »

« Yeah... I feel less guilty about a bunch of shit. I feel like I earned my place here too. » She said as she finally finished her meal.

« You always had it. » Sam said with a grin before he put the book aside to look at her.

« I know. I just couldn't see it. I still have my moments after a nightmare but I'm getting better at accepting the good in my life. You and Dean are that good and I'll be damned if I didn't fight for you. »

« I feel safer ! » He teased her, before she hit his knee with her hand. « Ouch ! You're so violent ! »

« I don't care ! You started it Sammy ! » Oya grinned and put her hands on the table to lean into it.

« You're unfair ! I did nothing ! » He said between chuckles before she tilted he head and shook it. « It's nice to know you'll come back home instead of trying to run away from this place. »

« I won't do it anymore. I found my anchors. I know these were tough times, you haven't told Dean about me trying to run away, have you? » He shook his head. « Thank you. »

« Don't mention it ! It wasn't fun for you. It wasn't fun for anybody. You'rre not doing it, it's all that matters.» He offered her a grin before she sttood up. « And Dean really likes your company. He hadn't been explicit about it, but he mentions you sometimes. When we see something tacky or funny you would have liked or when we're in the type of situation that would make you upset. You know ? »

« Yeah ? » He nodded. « Well, that's nice of you to think of me ! I'm flattered ! »-She exaggerated but the feeling was genuine.-

Oya really was flattered that someone thought about her and even more when it was her boyfriend. It still felt weird to call Dean her boyfriend, but he was and Oya was very happy to notice that nothing dramatic happened to their relationship. She still stole his shirts, she still slept in his bed, they still went to hunt together and he cooked for her greasy food. Nothing was different and she liked it. And now she heard that he talked about her when she wasn't there. A warm fuzzy feeling overwhelmed the young woman who found herself grinning in front of Sam.

« You won't tell him I told you that ! » He semi-asked. Oya nodded and stood up.

« He'll have to pry the confession out of my cold hands ! » She said in a chuckle before she ran her hand through her black curls once again. «It's a weird thing to be someone's girlfriend once again but he's doing a fantastic job. Don't tell him I said that ! He's making me happy. You are making me happy too. Couldn't have asked for a better brother. » She patted his hair as he leaned back into the couch and took the book for further reading.

« Hey ! Not the hair ! But yeah, 'big sister ' doesn't feel that bad ! You're the sister I never asked for but got and I'm quite happy with that too. I'll be on the couch anyway, so if you want to come and read by my sides, you're welcome. »

« I'll try to remember that. I have to clean my guns and polish my blades so I guess that's what I'm gonna do after I take a shower. I'll come back in a few ! » She said as she exited the living room. It was very strange sensation but she welcomed it. It did feel good to know that she actually was welcomed to this family, becoming more than just an additional member of team free-will. They didn't lie when they said they thought of her as family but it never quite was explained the way Sam did that day. She didn't lie either, she found anchors to this new life in the Winchesters and Castiel. She found reasons not to throw herself into battle and die. Well, she still could. She still would if any of them were in grave danger but they did promise each other that they wouldn't be reckless and die stupidly. She would wait for Dean, but just to make sure he was alright, Oya quickly went to her bedroom, grabbed her phone and texted a sweet 'I miss you.' to Dean. Because she did miss him.


(TBC)

No comments:

Post a Comment