Thursday, July 13, 2017

Pride and Elpis: the New Hades and New Persephone

He's not the New Hades, despite him claiming the throne.
He's not the New Hades, despite his desire to take over the world
I'm not the New Persephone, despite being the daughter of Gaea
I'm not the New Persephone, despite being the Lightbringer

Yet, when one looks at our story, it has uncanny parallels
For me, the daughter of the All-mother, of life itself fell for a Sin.
I was attracted by his darkness and I followed him without failing
My loyalty knew no bounds, my love was eternal and unbreakable
And I became mature and worthy of the title "Queen"

But we were betrayed and he forgot about me and all we've built.
I didn't forget him but I couldn't witness his rise in power,
I missed him take over the Underworld and become its king
I was robbed of his ascension to glory and other moments too
I was robbed of him... And my destiny.... until now

He's not the New Hades, I'm not the new Persephone
Because we are so much stronger and better than those gods
I am Light and he is Darkness, two sides of the same coin
I struggled enough to weaken the seal and he is going to break it
And when I'm free...

When I'm free....

You better pray I don't catch you first,
For you haven't seen yet just how much Light can hurt your soul

No comments:

Post a Comment