Monday, May 13, 2024

Doya: Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day. It's such a bittersweet day for me, come to think of it.  I miss my mom. I miss her tremendously.  She would have loved Dean and the family I made with him and Team Free Will. She would have told him to care for me. She would have insisted on feeding him when he would visit her. She would have loved him. She would have loved this life for me. 


I miss my mom. I miss going to her for advice. I miss talking to her for hours about the cases I worked on and for her to tell me "My daughter is so strong! My daughter is so clever! I'm so proud of you, Oya." I never told Dean that I had forgotten the sound of her voice, I have nothing left except pictures and not being able to remember breaks my heart. I miss my mom... But I am so happy she was my mother. I am so humbled by the life we shared together. 


So, Mom, I don't know if you can hear me, but if you are: Happy Mother's Day. I hope you and the family are enjoying yourselves in Heaven. I hope you are proud of me, root for me, and look after me from above. 


Happy Mother's Day. To you and all the moms!

No comments:

Post a Comment