Friday, October 6, 2023

Doya: sometimes your words cut deep.

 "Sometimes your words cut deep. They hurt because you said them with intent. I understand that sometimes you are lost and you don't know how to handle your emotions. I understand that you're hurt and as the saying goes, hurt people hurt people. Still... your words cut deep and I'm left flaggerbasted and hurt too. I'm left with a sour taste in my mouth and venom at the tip of my tongue. Then I remember, I remember you. I remember us. I remember what we've been through and why you are how you are. So I give you space instead of fueling your self-loathing self-destructive behaviour. I leave and let you cool down or perhaps, I need a place where I can let my emotions explode, the tears roll down my cheeks, the frustration erupt from my heart. Sometimes, your words cut deep and I can't come back from them."

No comments:

Post a Comment